#61 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Cam has regressed?

Surely the offensive playcalling is the epitome of offensive schemes, right Bill?

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Remember, Peyton Manning is making John Fox look like an offensive genius...

and making mccoy look like HC material apparently.

still shaking my head over that one.

#63 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Polian always talks down on the Panthers every time I hear him talk. If he actually knew what he was talking about he would know we don't run the same offense as we did last year. The only thing other teams look for is the read option which we all know has failed but Chud thinks otherwise.

Sir, if you knew anything about Polian, you would know that is one of if not the most successful GM's in the game. He was the Gm that built the Bills of the 1990's that went to 4 straight Super bowls. Yes they lost all 4 but they are still considered one of the best team of the 90's. He's the GM that built the Panthers into a winning team in 2 seasons that was the only expansion team to ever go to a Conference Championship in its second year. He’s the GM that built the Colts to what they are today. So when he’s speaks I suggest people start to listen. He knows what the hell he’s talking about. He knows talent (specially with QB’s) He knows what it takes to build a winning franchise and how to get there.

I only wish the bad blood between him and JR was over and we would get him back.

#64 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Sir, if you knew anything about Polian, you would know that is one of if not the most successful GM's in the game. He was the Gm that built the Bills of the 1990's that went to 4 straight Super bowls. Yes they lost all 4 but they are still considered one of the best team of the 90's. He's the GM that built the Panthers into a winning team in 2 seasons that was the only expansion team to ever go to a Conference Championship in its second year. He’s the GM that built the Colts to what they are today. So when he’s speaks I suggest people start to listen. He knows what the hell he’s talking about. He knows talent (specially with QB’s) He knows what it takes to build a winning franchise and how to get there.

I only wish the bad blood between him and JR was over and we would get him back.

Polian did well when he had some restrictions in place. Polian's downfall is that he's an enormous egomaniac and nepotist. These character flaws ultimately got in the way of his success and allowed the Colts to suffer multi-year decline in talent level. He is also one of the worst talent drafters in the NFL.

#65 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,788 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

and making mccoy look like HC material apparently.

still shaking my head over that one.

i've noticed that mccoy is starting to get some play as a possible sleeper head coach candidate as well.

i wonder what mike mccoy did when jake delhomme was here, seeing as to how he was almost exactly the same player in 2003 as we was in 2008/2009 minus his arm falling to pieces.

#66 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

i've noticed that mccoy is starting to get some play as a possible sleeper head coach candidate as well.

i wonder what mike mccoy did when jake delhomme was here, seeing as to how he was almost exactly the same player in 2003 as we was in 2008/2009 minus his arm falling to pieces.

More about how he adjusted his whole offense on the fly when The Golden Calf of Bristol was the "QB" more than anything else

#67 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,788 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

More about how he adjusted his whole offense on the fly when The Golden Calf of Bristol was the "QB" more than anything else

yeah that occurred to me after i posted. he did successfully tailor that offense to The Golden Calf of Bristol's strengths.

#68 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

yeah that occurred to me after i posted. he did successfully tailor that offense to The Golden Calf of Bristol's strengths.

"Snap the ball. Then run like hell."

#69 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Even a bad Gm possess considerable knowledge and their word shouldn't be instantly disregarded. And he wasn't a bad GM.

#70 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Polian did well when he had some restrictions in place. Polian's downfall is that he's an enormous egomaniac and nepotist. These character flaws ultimately got in the way of his success and allowed the Colts to suffer multi-year decline in talent level. He is also one of the worst talent drafters in the NFL.

Worst talent drafters in the NFL really?

Brice Smith
Thurman Thomas
Nate Odomes
Shane Conlan
Don Beebe
Andre Reed
Kerry Collins
Muhsin Muhammad
Mike Minter
Peyton Manning
Edgerrin James
Rob Morris
Reggie Wayne
Dwight Freeney
Dallas Clark
Robert Mathis
Cato June
Bob Sanders
Joseph Addai (Short career due to injuries)
Antoine Bethea
Pierre Garcon
Austin Collie

These are just a few of his draft picks with the Bills, Colts and Panthers. How many Sure HOF players are in here? This does not include any 5-12 round picks that were good to great players over his career.

Teams he built Win/loss Playoffs and SB
Bills 112-64 13 - 7 4 AFC Title 4 SB Appearance SB 0 wins
Panthers 18 - 14 1-1 1 NFC Title
Colts 143-79 9 - 10 2 AFC Titles 1 SB win 1 SB loss
Totals

255 wins
143 Loss
22 Playoff wins
17 Playoff Loss
6 Suber bowls
2 Super bowl wins
6 Conf titles
Regular season win % .640
Playoff Win % .564

Stats do not lie about the success of a team, player, coach or GM. this mans may have an ego from hell, but he knows talent with regards to players and coaches and has proven it since 1986 when he took over the Buffalo Bills

and when did they suffer a Multi-year decline?
He was let gon in 2011...

from 2003 to 2010 the lowest win total was 10 in 2010 with highes of 13 and 14 wins. The last lossing season before 2011 was 2001 at 6-10....

#71 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

The fact that you put Austin Collie on the same list with Andre Reed shows you had no standard when whippin that up and just threw down any name you recognized.

#72 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

oh yeah...i just remembered what polian said about mike shula and saying that he's one of the best QB coaches in the league.

where's the success? where's the list of QBs he's turned into studs?

i'll get you started:
1) ____________________________

Who has he been given? In my quick search the two Qbs that have mainly played in his years as a Qb coach are Fielder and Garrard. And he had them years after they came Nfl. If your a position coach, when your given lack of talent, I don't think you should be judged on the absence of talent produced.

The one Qb with talent that came to Shula was Newton , and look what happened. That's not to say Shula was the biggest factor. But there's credit he deserves.

#73 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

If that is the case why even scout players. Its all coaching anyway. Fox must have been one hell of a coach when we went 12-4 a few years ago...right?

I guess by your logic you'd be correct. I didn't say it doesn't matter who the players are but coaching is more important. The Cowboys have had some of the most talented teams in the NFL and they havent seen the playoffs in years...Why? They haven't had the right coach...

#74 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Remember, Peyton Manning is making John Fox look like an offensive genius...

That is true and maybe why he said what he did about Cam.How can you think he is a great qb without the wins to go with it?

#75 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I guess by your logic you'd be correct. I didn't say it doesn't matter who the players are but coaching is more important. The Cowboys have had some of the most talented teams in the NFL and they havent seen the playoffs in years...Why? They haven't had the right coach...

I am not the one saying 80% of a teams success is coaching. I put it at around 20%. That is enough to move a team from 7-9 to 10-6 so it does matter. Just not as much as quality role players.

Team talent as fans see it is not always accurate. Just look at the Eagles dream team. They payed some "talent" and got a lot worse. Much of the Dallas "talent" is media hype for Americas Team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com