#76 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Fedora must have sucked in his interview if they don't hire him because there is no way in hell you turn down Tennessee to stay at Carolina...unless Tennessee really is that big of a dumpster fire.

Were you not reading? He didn't even interview. C'mon now...don't make it that easy...

#77 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Butch Jones will most likely be the next UT coach.

#78 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Butch Jones will most likely be the next UT coach.

I have no words

#79 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

I guess all those UT fans spewing about Gruden truly were full of poo. Sad for that fanbase. Great fans that deserved better than what Hart gave them....

#80 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

It's not fair to be mad at Butch Jones, but our AD and Chancellor have done a terrible job. Apparently the AD never even met with Strong. He just spoke with him over the phone. Multiple sources confirm that Gruden was a possibility, but Hart was unwilling to pay what he wanted for his assistants...though the money is there. Hope he remembers that when we are hemorrhaging money next fall when only 80,000 fans are at every game.
I feel like I've been in jail for three years, and was just denied my parole. We are officially Ole Miss now. Tennessee had a real chance here to get back in the game. Now, we won't be good in football again for a long, long time.

#81 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Eh, at least you guys will probably get Tee Martin back, which means you'll probably get Jalen Ramsey to stay home. HUGE talent in the secondary, and I hope Lane can find some way to hold onto him if Tee does go back to UT.....

#82 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Sorry this thread has been hijacked by UT talk.
I'd love to get Tee back in Knoxville.
I'm feeling better about Jones, but he still needs a dynamite staff to recruit in the south.

#83 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I actually don't think Butch Jones is a bad hire. He's not Gruden but c'mon...that would have been like Bill Cowher coming back to NC State just because he played here and gives opinions about the football program. Essentially...not gonna happen when he has teams like the Dallas Cowboys lining up to hire him.

The NFL is always going to be numero uno in the coach's mind so moving back to college for a successful NFL coach is not likely happening.

#84 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Sorry this thread has been hijacked by UT talk.
I'd love to get Tee back in Knoxville.
I'm feeling better about Jones, but he still needs a dynamite staff to recruit in the south.

You just did according to the premium USC boards :( ....

#85 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just to add something to the Fedora part of this story, it looks like UT gave him a real solid offer and he turned it down.

https://twitter.com/SEisbergWCIV

Scott Eisberg ‏@SEisbergWCIV

Asked Reedy abt his fmr asst UNC HC Larry Fedora.Says Fedora called him yest and said 'I turned down more money than I ever thought I'd see'

Scott Eisberg ‏@SEisbergWCIV

Reedy says Fedora said yest 'he's happy at UNC and its right place for him,but its amazing the money being thrown around out there'(from UT)

#86 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Fedora must have sucked in his interview if they don't hire him because there is no way in hell you turn down Tennessee to stay at Carolina...unless Tennessee really is that big of a dumpster fire.

Fedora was offered the job but he turned down a butt load of money from Tennessee.
http://www2.nbc17.co...r-t-ar-2840889/

#87 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Fedora was offered the job but he turned down a butt load of money from Tennessee.
http://www2.nbc17.co...r-t-ar-2840889/

Translation: Both Strong and Fedora have small nuts.

They like the low pressure gig and don't think they are ready to take on a fanbase that demands to win championships. It's fine that the pressure of the job is what made the decision for them but you will never convince anyone that knows college sports that these coaches "love" Louisville or UNC as a football job. That just isn't the case...it's about getting paid now and then when you are financially set and you feel like you finally grew a pair of balls you take a job like Tennessee, Florida, Bama.

#88 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Translation: Both Strong and Fedora have small nuts.

They like the low pressure gig and don't think they are ready to take on a fanbase that demands to win championships. It's fine that the pressure of the job is what made the decision for them but you will never convince anyone that knows college sports that these coaches "love" Louisville or UNC as a football job. That just isn't the case...it's about getting paid now and then when you are financially set and you feel like you finally grew a pair of balls you take a job like Tennessee, Florida, Bama.

lol wut?

#89 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

lol wut?

How does what I said not make sense to you? I will say it in a different way...Fedora and Strong want stability in a low pressure situation. Fedora is in a situation where he can't lose. He's coaching a team where the previous coach was a cheater that had them put on a bowl ban and lost scholarships.

#90 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Love how unicar speaks like he actually KNOWS what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com