Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthers5158

RG3/Luck vs Cam.... huh?

4 posts in this topic

I don't even bother watching ESPN, NFLN, etc anymore. They all drool over RG3 as the second coming & rave about Luck, pretty much 24/7. Every now & then they talk about Cam, just long enough to take a stab at him.

Outside of Carolina I don't watch much football, couldn't care less about other teams. But I just checked out their stats out of curiousity & I am confused. With just 5 games remaining neither Luck nor RG3 have anywhere near the numbers Cam put up last season.

What's even more funny is how everyone is picking WAS to win the East. There was even an article on ESPN picking them to make the Super Bowl. They play the NYG & then Baltimore, two teams who will destroy them. I can see RG3 really struggling vs those two teams.

Cam Newton:

60% completion 4,000yd 21TD 17INT 700yd rush 14TD rush 5 fumbles 85 QB rating

RG3:

67% completion 2,400yd 16TD 4INT 600yd rush 6TD rush 2 fumbles 104 QB rating

Andrew Luck:

56% completion 3,200yd 13TD 13INT 200yd rush 5TD rush 8 fumbles 76 QB Rating

And Cam did this with a 2-14 team, new staff, & 0 offseason. Literally had 2 weeks of practice then started playing games. He also turned the worst offense in the NFL into a top 5 unit.

So basically Andrew Luck is gonna pass for a few more yards & RG3 will rush for a few more yards? Captain checkdown will also have a higher, inflated, % & rating. Neither will touch his total yards or TDs. Neither will lead their teams to the playoffs. Neither will finish above .500. They all 3 are having great rookie seasons. I just don't get how they are so much better.

Andrew Luck will be a good QB but he isn't the Elway/Manning hybrid they've hyped. Defenses will shut down RG¾'s gimmick screen pass/option offense. He is also gonna be injury prone, he is too small to be running around.

As much as I love Cam and his rookie season and I agree with you about Bob Griffin the 3rd being Mr. Checkdown... I'm not gonna let my homer get the best of me... I think BG3, without a doubt, is having the best rookie QB season of all time.

Damn, I feel dirty for saying that.

Anyways... I'd still rather have Cam.

I don't get how RG3 has such amazing numbers. Whenever I watch him I am not impressed. I would take Luck and Cam both over him based on what I've seen. But then I check box scores for games I don't watch and he has crazy numbers.

So what.... all players/Teams don't get equal media coverage... It's all about ratings and what the nation cares about... As well as Andy Dalton and AJ Green has been playing you hear almost zero about them... But you hear a lot about Ryan and Julio Jones...

• Topics

• There's merit is there is discrepancy between words and action.  For instance, Saudi Arabia not being held accountable as they are saying all the right things but doing the opposite of following through.
    • Looks like our DE depth is developing nicely.  Let's see his swim move--no wait--if he starts drowning, we'll never get him back in the boat. I still say they were a bit upset with him last season.  Remember the benching during the game following the altercationwith the coach?  Some people never recover fully from a knee injury, especially if they lack the discipline to rehab properly.  I wounder if that is the case? Seriously--he is a TE.
    • http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/carrier-plant-where-trump-saved-jobs-plans-layoffs/ar-BBBsNjX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp A plant where jobs were purportedly saved by Donald Trump ahead of his inauguration is set to make at least 600 staff cuts, many before Christmas. Carrier had opted in December 2016 not to move a number of jobs to Mexico from its Indianapolis furnace factory, following a visit to the plant by Trump. The president claimed he had convinced Carrier to retain 1,100 jobs in Indianapolis rather than outsourcing them in Mexico. And of those 1,100 jobs Trump spoke of, 300 had reportedly never been threatened with a move to Mexico—meaning a total of 800 jobs had been saved. But the company has since announced that at least 600 employees at the factory will still be laid off, with the final 290 job cuts coming just ahead of Christmas. In a filing seen by CNN, the company announced it would be making an initial 338 job cuts in July, four in October and a further 290 jobs on December 22, just three days before Christmas. During a press conference at Carrier, Trump said: “that big, big beautiful plant behind us… will be even more beautiful in about seven months from now. They're so happy. They're going to have a great Christmas. That's most important. He added: “And that these companies aren't going to be leaving anymore. They're not going to be taking people's hearts out. They're not going to be announcing, like they did at Carrier, that they're closing up and they're moving to Mexico, over 1,100 jobs. “And by the way, that number is going to go up very substantially as they expand this area, this plant. So the 1,100 is going to be a minimum number,” he said. The plant said at the time the number of jobs saved was closer to 800, but explained it would be replacing some of the jobs that were saved with an automated system in order to save money, although CEO Greg Hayes did say there would be less money saved by the company in doing so than if they moved production to Mexico. Carrier did not immediately respond to Newsweek’s request for comment. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm thinking of another person I'd like to see get laid off, or fired.