Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Deems May: Panthers have 2 untouchable players

83 posts in this topic

Probably, teams dont usually have more than 3 or 4 players that are the absolute core of a team. I'd also add Kalil, but thats just me.

I can agree with that list + Kalil.

There is a long list of "wow that would really surprise me" or "gosh that would suck" that includes Smitty, LaFell, whichever of the RBs we don't jettison first...players like that. But "untouchable"? Cam, Kuechly, and Kalil.

2 people like this

i agree.

they're untouchable because they're anchors on their respective sides of the ball. you can build an offense around newton, and a defense around kuechly.

everyone else either compliments them or they're potential chopping block fodder.

there are quite a few pieces already in place on the defense, but the offense needs to be completely blown up.

It's kinda hard to designate anybody 'untouchable' on a 3 win team that's getting a new GM and maybe a new coach.

Granted there are some guys who'd be highly unlikely to have anything happen to them. Newton and Kuechly would be in that group. Kalil, Olsen , Hardy and LaFell are guys who'd surprise me too.

I wanna put Johnson in there but part of me wonders what a new guy will think of his contract.

Agree. CJ's contract might make him untouchable. He will be very hard to trade and his cap hit has to be huge if we release him.

Hurney has really put us in a bind with these contracts. That tune may change in the summer as the cap always seems to work out, but looking at it now looks scary.

agreed completely.

doesn't mean they all suck or should be replaced. just that those two should be who the offense and defense should be built or rebuilt around.

Lol we used to have a lake house by him in euwharrie.

He used to get in trouble for killing deer out of season. He kept a gun by the toilet to shoot them in the morning while he was taking a piss.

He used to get in trouble for killing deer out of season. He kept a gun by the toilet to shoot them in the morning while he was taking a piss.

...so much lol

On one hand this makes me value the guys opinion even more, on the other hand he is a wfnz contributor.