Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

beason is not untouchable

#47 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

I do have a question. If we kept TD, do you think he would be content in playing a back up role? I don't want to see another situation where we are trying to play all four of our linebackers, and in the end they are off rhythm because they keep getting taken off the field. That's why Kuechly had the impact he's had since the time Beason was placed on IR. Sure, playing his natural position helped, but his productivity is mostly credited for now playing more than 20% of defensive snaps. That whole situation and set up by Rivera was just dumb-dumb. I would rather release TD before going through that again.

i think Davis will be making too much money to be a back-up, unfortunately.

#48 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Davis is very much a team player.

He's also a good player, who could start for a lot of teams. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to make the most money he can at this point in his career, in fact I encourage him to see if he can start for another team. Yet if he is content in being a pure back up, not looking to take away snaps from Beason, I would love to have him here.

#49 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Then again, TD could start over Anderson. We aren't paying Anderson that much money, he could be the back up and special teams guy. Also with TD's current contract, he's going to make more money in his last couple of years than any team would be willing to pay him at that age.

#50 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I tell ya what a new GM will think of CJ's contract... accelerated cap hit will be way to big to cut him.

CJ stays, as will a lot of guys next year. Dont expect a major overhaul just yet.

#51 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

I agree with Cam, Kuechly and Kalil. I'd also add Gross, Norman and Stew. Stew's absense was noticable in every game he missed.

#52 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I tell ya what a new GM will think of CJ's contract... accelerated cap hit will be way to big to cut him.

CJ stays, as will a lot of guys next year. Dont expect a major overhaul just yet.

Correct, him and Beason will have the biggest cap hits next year, so big that it would cost us more to cut them than to keep them. Gross on the other hand, may be playing his way out of here.

#53 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Norman Island baby

#54 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

only two untouchables, but i seriously doubt aside from a few players that there's much turnover.

i don't think there needs to be.

#55 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

There is no such thing as an untouchable player.

If New England calls and offer 2 first, 2 second, Brady and Welker for Cam he is packing for Boston.

Will that happen? No. Will any other starter be traded? No, most likely not as trading of starters is a very rare thing in the NFL. So this is like saying Cam will start against KC. It is not actually wrong, he will start, it just does not make sense to state it as there is noone pressing him for the job.

That trade would ruin the panthers. How many years does Brady have left? Welker fits that system and is overrated. Now think about the picks. So you have two first round picks yea probably the 20th pick one year and the 23rd the next.

So after Brady retires who takes over as qb? They can offer that trade and I promise you they will be hung up on.

#56 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Correct, him and Beason will have the biggest cap hits next year, so big that it would cost us more to cut them than to keep them. Gross on the other hand, may be playing his way out of here.

I kinda doubt it, as much of down a year as he has had, we dont have a viable replacement. Even if we draft one thats a huge risk... and we wont have the FA $$ to get one with our cap still reeling from Hurney Magic.

#57 KittyCity

KittyCity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I dont know who "Weems May" is, but he doesnt seem to understand the bizarre, intricate loyalty system Richardson has in place. Beason could have his right foot amputated next week, and he'd get a contract extension right after the surgery.

#58 kls11310

kls11310

Cam2SmittyAllDay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Keep: kalil gross bell silatolou cam jstew olsen smitty lafell, cj hardy dwan norman kuechly godfrey anderson td

Cut: everyone else

#59 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

If the new GM comes in and completely guts this team I'm going to be very pissed. We have a lot of great talent.

Charles Johnson
Thomas Davis
Greg Hardy
Steve Smith
Brandon Lafell
Ryan Kalil
Jonathan Stewart

Should all be safe aswell. If they take away all of the pieces the team already has then it's going to take even longer to win a super bowl. Which would be ignorant since I don't think the team is that far away now.

#60 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,172 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Obviously not taking any financials into consideration, such a salary cap, current contract, etc., which in many cases has a lot more to do with a player staying where they're at than their playing ability, team worth, health and skillz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.