#31 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Not that you will or won't but can you sue her because of that?

I don't know, I'm going to talk to my lawyer on Monday. But I'm under the impression that my insurance company will come after her for the total and I don't think it will hurt my premium. It better fuging not or I will sue the poo out of her.

#32 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Not that you will or won't but can you sue her because of that?

I didn't scan the whole thread, but did the police give her a ticket or was it deemed to be mutual fault?

#33 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

you need a criopractor I think. My mom's studied medicla junk so I know

#34 Guest_Hornets 2.0_*

Guest_Hornets 2.0_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

You fuged up. Should've laid motionless & took an ambulance ride. And never sign poo from the insurance co.

#35 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I didn't scan the whole thread, but did the police give her a ticket or was it deemed to be mutual fault?

You fuged up. Should've laid motionless & took an ambulance ride. And never sign poo from the insurance co.

I never signed anything.

And HP, it was her fault. If you had at least read the OP you would have seen that. But yeah, she got a ticket for failure to yield right of way.

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Your insurance company will go after her. You need not get involved in all that. That's why you pay insurance...

#37 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I never signed anything.

And HP, it was her fault. If you had at least read the OP you would have seen that. But yeah, she got a ticket for failure to yield right of way.

I read it. My wife was in a very similar accident and the cop wouldn't assign fault which was why I asked.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

I read it. My wife was in a very similar accident and the cop wouldn't assign fault which was why I asked.

What? How? Why not? The woman made a left hand turn from the opposite side of a divided highway right into my path. I can't imagine an officer not assigning fault in a situation like that.

#39 Guest_Hornets 2.0_*

Guest_Hornets 2.0_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

I never signed anything.

Insurance companies will sort it out. You'll get compensation for your vehicle & her premium will sky rocket. Nothing really you can do, not that you need to anyway.

#40 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

The only issues you will have will be if your uninsured coverage exceeds your medical bills. At that point you can sue her for the difference. But even if you wi. The likelyhood of collecting is very low. She can just file bankruptcy.

#41 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

If your uninsured coverage pays your medical and you get a new car, suing for more money from a new mom would be pretty crappy.

#42 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

The only issues you will have will be if your uninsured coverage exceeds your medical bills. At that point you can sue her for the difference. But even if you wi. The likelyhood of collecting is very low. She can just file bankruptcy.

You pay insurance to take care of these things. Let them do the dirty work. You do not need to sue her, you pay insurance premiums so your insurance company can pay their army of lawyers to get what your insurance company needs to take care of you.

You also got it backward- there is likely a lawsuit coming if his medical bills exceed the coverage limits, not the other way around, as you stated.

An insurance policy is nothing more than a retainer for financial and legal services- that's what you pay for, let them earn it.

#43 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Not sure if you are referring to his auto or medical insurance. As far as auto goes, If his coverage is 50 grand and his bills are 100 grand. His insurance is only go to pay out 50 grand. Whether or not the auto decides to sue her for the 50 they paid out isn't going to mean much to floppin as he is 50 short either way.

If you believe that isn't how it works, I'm curious as to what you do think since this is exactly the scenario I am in and what are lawyers have advised and my research has supported.

In fact that was a major caution friends of mine in the field had. Make sure your treatment doesn't exceed your coverage as you will be out of pocket for the difference.

#44 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

"...if your uninsured coverage exceeds your medical bills..." is what you posted. My interpretation of your statement is as long as his coverage limits are more than his medical bills, he's fine.

The minute his medical bills and other issues begin exceeding his coverage, that's when the problems start. Is this not what you're saying or am I misinterpretting?

#45 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,541 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

"...if your uninsured coverage exceeds your medical bills..." is what you posted. My interpretation of your statement is as long as his coverage limits are more than his medical bills, he's fine.

The minute his medical bills and other issues begin exceeding his coverage, that's when the problems start. Is this not what you're saying or am I misinterpretting?

I'm fairly positive he just worded his sentence backwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.