• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

For what it's worth, Wiggins just played in Kentucky and was posing with a bunch of UK fans telling them he'd see them next year. I know, I know, these are kids and they say crap like that to be liked, but still.

#32 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Does Carolina play UK next year?

#33 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Does Carolina play UK next year?

I dont think so, the teams didnt renew the series. Its a shame because those games have been great the last few years

#34 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Calipari wanted out of the matchup and didn't renew the series. I just don't think Wiggins goes to UK if he indeed wants to be the guy. I find it hard to believe the Harrison's are going to share the ball, have Young coming off the bench, and everybody get along. If he does go to UK then they are a monster team. Heck, Randle could also still go there. If that happens they could run the table.

#35 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

The series actually resumes next year. Calipari and Roy both agreed to a one-year hiatus. Kentucky wanted two big rivalry games out of conference instead of three, and thus dumped Indiana, and wanted to alternate Louisville and North Carolina as the home game every year. As it was, they were playing both on the same home/away schedule.

#36 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Calipari wanted out of the matchup and didn't renew the series. I just don't think Wiggins goes to UK if he indeed wants to be the guy. I find it hard to believe the Harrison's are going to share the ball, have Young coming off the bench, and everybody get along. If he does go to UK then they are a monster team. Heck, Randle could also still go there. If that happens they could run the table.

I used to be of the opinion that Wiggins was a lock for us. But two things make me wonder...

1. He's torn between UK and FSU. Sometimes in that situation you feel terrible letting one of the two down, so you seek out a third option and maybe that's what he did with UNC.

2. We just got a verbal from Karl Towns, the number one of 2014. That means we've had the number one in 2010 (John Wall), 2012 (Anthony Davis), and 2014. Sometimes an alpha male doesn't want to be just another on the assembly line. He might want to lead someone else instead of being one of a gang. (Kind of what the old school stars were saying when Lebron signed with Miami, and why they didn't understand it)

#37 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Carolina's top four players were just drafted in the 1st round of the NBA Draft. They have a NCAA POY Candidate in James Michael McAdoo. Roy Williams is still the best recruiter in the business. He didn't for-see Marshall departing after 2 seasons nor Cody Zeller spurning him for IU. His recruiting had this team set up for Marshall/Hairston/Bullock/McAdoo/Zeller with McDonald/Paige/Tokoto/Johnson off the bench. That team would've dominated this season & been the NCAA favorites. If Marshall doesn't break his wrist in the tournament and/or Cody Zeller comes to UNC odds are Roy has 3 NCAA titles in 10 seasons. He has UNC as a frontrunner for Wiggins, the top prep player since LeBron in '03. That would be the #1 recruit twice in a 4 year span. Even this year, a down year by Roy's standards, UNC will compete for the ACC crown & a Final Four.

UNC has been the best program in the entire country since he returned home in '04. This program was in shambles when he returned & at an all-time low. Coach K was dominating UNC. 6 years later he had 2 NCAA Championships & Duke fans were giving up on coach K & Duke. Roy came in & absolutely took over. This has been the best 9 year span in UNC history.

2x NCAA Champion

3x Final Four

6x Elite 8

2x ACC Tournament Champion

6x ACC Champion

I swear, UNC fans have no sense of reality. Roy Williams is not appreciated nearly enough by this fanbase. Trust in Roy & stop worrying, he knows what he's doing.

^This Guy Gets It.

#38 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Parker to Michigan State
Wiggins to UK

#39 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Love how you state things as fact to make me look

#40 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

OP - This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here in a while and that should truly say something. Lots of dumb threads/posts get placed on this forum daily but wow

If you are a fan of the Heels and you think this way, please PLEASE find another team to pull for you. We REAL Carolina fans don't want you or need you.

#41 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

We REAL Carolina fans

:lol:

#42 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Parker to Michigan State
Wiggins to UK

Wiggins to FSU since the co-ed's got their hands on him. :)

Attached Files

#43 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Jesus man - this is the kind of crap this sub forum gets.

You heard rumors. Awesome. From who? A message board? A state fan calling in on WFNZ? Your drunk uncle last Saturday?

Roy said after surgery he plans to coach another five years. The job is his as long as he wants it to be.

Didn't you know??? Raleigh is the poo-end of Chapel Hill, they have nothing better to do than be up Carolina's ass. This involves their own little investigations, and of course, rumor circulation. Funny how a stater knows this much about Roy, they could only hope.

#44 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

crazietalker
Yuuuup RT @gregwrubell: Jabari Parker's dad Sonny: "I think it will probably be be between Duke and Michigan State. " http://t.co/U75v25kG

Jabari is set to announce December 20th.

#45 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

crazietalker
Yuuuup RT @gregwrubell: Jabari Parker's dad Sonny: "I think it will probably be be between Duke and Michigan State. " http://t.co/U75v25kG

Jabari is set to announce December 20th.

Goodness...If I hit this one then I should just quit school and work in sports journalism/recruiting. Michigan State over Duke.

Wiggins to UK

Randle to NC State

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.