Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, Cam's sophomore slump is basically over right?

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

You know who else faced adversity early in their career?
Michael Jordan.

Cam Newton = Michael Jordan.

:)

Posted · Report post

Over 1200 yards passing, a little over 220 yards rushing, 9 passing TD's 3 rushing TD's with only 2 INT's. (over the last 5 games)

Cam is bouncing back, but now it seems the DEF is regressing. Big Ron Edwards out is hurting our D Line productivity.

Posted · Report post

He looked good. We were a Lafell drop away from winning
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He still has to work on his short passes. They are awful. He also needs consistency.

But he looks great out there otherwise, he is at where he needs to be for us to be able to win, just need the team to help him out. I think the more younger players brought in to grow with Cam teh better. Gross has got to go, he is going downhill quick. Cam likes Bell and you can tell Bell plays for him, I hope a similar relationship with a young LT will come along and we can get gaurds worth a crap to solidify the line.

Posted · Report post

Once the read option wasn't so heavily used he suddenly had the opportunity to play football again so yes the artificial "slump" is over.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've never lost hope in Cam but there are still things that could use some work.

The two biggest things for me is timing and pocket awareness. I love his arm strength, it comes in handy on numerous occasions. But I think he relies too much on it when it comes to timing the breaks of the WRs. We see him bullet it too often because, instead of throwing the receiver open, he is forced to throw a bullet because he didn't trust his timing. Separation from the WRs plays a role but this is something he will need to improve on.

Also, our OL is a problem here but he stays in the pocket too long. Either he doesn't see/feel the rush coming or he is just making poor reads. Occasionally, he doesn't step up in the pocket when he should or makes a wrong maneuver.

It's the little things that will put Cam on the next level. He has all the physical tools in the world.

Posted · Report post

Are we winning then ....... NO

Posted · Report post

Winning? What does that have to do with whether Cams in a sophomore slump or not? Cam isn't the only one out there playing
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hopefully

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AggieLean.' timestamp='1354511373' post='2028734']
Winning? What does that have to do with whether Cams in a sophomore slump or not? Cam isn't the only one out there playing
[/quote]

I feel ya. I got so pissed off watching Mike and Mike this morning and Greenberg were big upping Luck and how he may be the best rookie ever. He plays in a crap division, and they play the mediocre NFC North out of conference this year. I hate when our so called fans don't look at other factors when looking at Cam's wins and losses.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Johnny Kilroy' timestamp='1354509308' post='2028683']
I've never lost hope in Cam but there are still things that could use some work.

The two biggest things for me is timing and pocket awareness. I love his arm strength, it comes in handy on numerous occasions. But I think he relies too much on it when it comes to timing the breaks of the WRs. We see him bullet it too often because, instead of throwing the receiver open, he is forced to throw a bullet because he didn't trust his timing. Separation from the WRs plays a role but this is something he will need to improve on.

Also, our OL is a problem here but he stays in the pocket too long. Either he doesn't see/feel the rush coming or he is just making poor reads. Occasionally, he doesn't step up in the pocket when he should or makes a wrong maneuver.

It's the little things that will put Cam on the next level. He has all the physical tools in the world.
[/quote]

I agree I just find it odd how theas aspects inexplicably haven't improved as much as they should have by now considering his talent and work ethic, it just makes me wonder about the coaching hes being provided mainly but who knows

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ProSource' timestamp='1354548211' post='2029059']
mediocre NFC North
[/quote]
wat

And Carolina gets to play arguably the worst division in football.