#16 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,413 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

He wasn't allowed to shop for the groceries yet he was expected to cook a masterpiece. I look at John Fox and his success and I can now really see where our REAL failure is

People on those chef competition shows do it all the time!

#17 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

He wasn't allowed to shop for the groceries yet he was expected to cook a masterpiece. I look at John Fox and his success and I can now really see where our REAL failure is

Fox had success early here, too. Don't worry. It'll pass as soon as Manning retires.

#18 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

yeah, the real failure was not handcuffing fox and letting him micromanage both sides of the ball. denver protects him from himself and he's doing great over there.

who do you think was overly reliant on jake delhomme and insisted on starting aging veterans year after year?

John Fox with a good FO is good enough to have two winning seasons in a row with more to come. Thats all I want. People can't blame Rivera just like you can't blame Cam Newton. Our front office and GM have made terrible decisions for years.

We now have NO interior D or O line to be spoken of they're just guys. Cheap is as cheap does. They spend crazy insane money on things we don't need and fail to address the things we do need. My point is: It was never John Fox.

"Better ingredients better pizza"- Papa John

#19 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Fox had success early here, too. Don't worry. It'll pass as soon as Manning retires.

Fox had The Golden Calf of Bristol looking good sooooo...

Maybe he was a good coach

#20 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

But Wait the folks right here said it was Foxy's fault. He was too boring, couldn't coach etc...

#21 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Fox had The Golden Calf of Bristol looking good sooooo...

Maybe he was a good coach

No he didn't. Denver's offense was horrific. He had one game where he went like 4/14.

Shame Cam doesn't have a defense that can win games when he goes 4/14 passing.

#22 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm not really gonna get excited for a coach who can have two winning seasons in a row. I'm interested in someone who can win championships. Fox is good for 8-8 +/- 2 every year. That's it. He's not going to build a dynasty that will compete for the championship several years in a row. He'll give you a consistently mediocre product. Zzzzzzzzzz.

And don't give me any BS about how you'd love to be mediocre right now. That's baloney. We took a shot on a coach, who doesn't appear to have it. You bag him and move on. Wanting to go back to Fox now is a puss move. Finding a great coach is not an easy/obvious process. If it was, everyone would have one. I'm frustrated watching our team look under prepared and unmotivated, too, but I sure as hell don't want to go back to a safe 8-8 every year.

#23 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

It must be a weird feeling knowing you are gonna get the pink slip the second the new GM is hired.

He will be fired before that happens

#24 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

This is a process alright...

Yeah, like a 'pulling teeth with tweezers process'.
It's gonna take a long time
It's bound to get painful
And chances are you don't get the end result, just a lot of damage done

#25 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm not sure JR will be willing to pull the trigger before the new GM is hired

#26 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Dear Ron, I'm not paying $212 a ticket to see you not be able to count to 11, play 'young players' that probably could not even be on the the practice squad on contending teams, and better yet, try and figure out what schemes you are, or should be running on the 14th game of the season.

Dear JR, the stadium will be empty this Sunday and it will be empty on the 23rd. When those invoices come around for people like me in March, you best have put a GM nd coach in place that makes me and other PSL holders willing to pony up money again and believe me, I'm not rich by any means, I will find something better to do with my time and my money.

This is a tough business. I really don't care about John Fox. It takes Peyton Manning for him to look like a winner, and this is a man who had shots at Aaron Rodgers, Ben R., Joe Flacco etc, but, we were happy with Jake, even after they knew the arm was shot.

As someone said, I want a GM and a Coach that has been a proven winner and someone who gets you build a team from the lines out and someone who understands drafting and free agency to augment holes.

That's all I want for Christmas...a GM with a brain.

#27 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well, we did bring in like every washed up former San Diego Charger that was available.

#28 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

The only problems I see with this--and I agree in spirit--are 2 things:
1. Rivera has proven to be indecisive and poor at game management,
2. How many other coaches who are 4-8 or worse WITH A SOLID QB are keeping their jobs?

KC-No qb, coach getting fired
Jacksonville-no qb, coach getting fired
Philly--no qb, coach getting fired
Arizona--no qb, coach getting fired
Cleveland--no solid qb, coach might get fired
Oakland--Palmer is good--coach getting fired
Carolina--good qb, coach getting fired
San Diego--good qb, coach should have been fired 3 years ago

Bottom line: To me, if you suck without a solid qb, it is the GM's fault. If you suck with a solid qb, the coach needs to take the blame.

#29 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Well, we did bring in like every washed up former San Diego Charger that was available.

Except Shawn Merrimen. How did he get by RR?

Seriously--this team is a combination of 2 bad teams. RR brought players he knew and Marty signed the players he knew. Unfortunately, when you combine players from 2 losing teams, you get another losing team.

I agree with your point.

#30 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

The only problems I see with this--and I agree in spirit--are 2 things:
1. Rivera has proven to be indecisive and poor at game management,
2. How many other coaches who are 4-8 or worse WITH A SOLID QB are keeping their jobs?

KC-No qb, coach getting fired
Jacksonville-no qb, coach getting fired
Philly--no qb, coach getting fired
Arizona--no qb, coach getting fired
Cleveland--no solid qb, coach might get fired
Oakland--Palmer is good--coach getting fired
Carolina--good qb, coach getting fired
San Diego--good qb, coach should have been fired 3 years ago

Bottom line: To me, if you suck without a solid qb, it is the GM's fault. If you suck with a solid qb, the coach needs to take the blame.

I agree but the team was total garbage when he got here and he had limits because of Hurney and JR. RR may have to fall on this sword though. I wish him the best. He'll probably be excellent somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com