Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets play cut 6 starters...

68 posts in this topic

Posted

If we're talking cut week one starters without ramifications from the cap then my list is easy....

Gross

Gamble

Beason

Williams (DeAngelo)

Godfrey

Nakamura

Posted

i will make this simple

cut entire receiving core except Steve Smith

cut entire Oline- except Kalil

Cut All Safties

Posted

Fua - RR was very impressed with Fua's ability to hold his ground against double teams at the college level and pushed to draft him. Now enough time has passed and it's clear that he's not good enough to be a starter, or even a quality backup.

G. Williams - A good pass blocking OT who has very little abilty to run block, or achor down against a bull rush. Not good at OG.

Nakamura - This guy has destroyed my love for football. Lines up all season so far back from the LOS that we might as well be playing 10 vrs 11. Yet he still manages to blow coverage and get burned deep. He's slow, he can't jump, nor can he judge the ball in the air. This guy has crushed my soul.

Nortman

Hangartner - Watching this guy pull is just plain sad. He can barely move the speed of a slow jog. He's the slowest O-lineman of that size I have ever seen, or he's as slow as I've ever seen. He run blocks like old people fvck. Sometimes a light shove will knock him completely off balance, like if you shoved your grandfather a little too hard playing around.

Woops gotta go or I'd add a 6th.

Posted

If it has to be 6..

Gamble

G. Williams

Hangartner

Nakamura

Gross

D. Williams

Posted

Everyone on the line minus Kalil is expendable in my eyes. We need to rebuild an aged and patched-up offensive line.

Bell and Amini are strong for the future don't get me wrong but I just think we can get improvements and the line really needs to be rebuilt. Its arguable the most vital part of any single offense with a young QB.

From my view, Nakamura and G. Williams are already gone so they don't count haha

1. Gross

2. Hang'man

3. DeAngelo Williams

4. Bell (doesn't have a huge contract but I'd like to have someone better with those speedy edge rushers)

5. Godfrey

6. Tolbert--don't release him but slide him to RB3, draft a FB and RB2

Posted

NAKA

Fua

Nortman

AE

Gary Williams

Gano

oh my gosh, those were so easy.. i cant believe they are starters on the NFL.. your take those guys away and our team only gets better..

Posted

Nakamura

Fua

G.williams

Nortman

Hangman

Gross

Posted

Why is Gano on a lot of these lists? From what I can tell he seems to have a big leg and his accuracy will improve over time. Just seems to early to jump the gun on him already...

Posted

Eesh

Nakamura, Fua (although technically he wasn't supposed to be starting at this point), Hangman, Gross at the LT move him elsewhere on line, Munnerlyn move back to nickel, whoever the fug plays RG-everyone is doing horrible this year

left out rookies otherwise Silatolu would be on there

Posted

rule says we replace them with just an "average" caliber player.

I keep Gross based on that. Overpaid, but still slightly above average.

Godfrey, Nakamura, Piggy, RG all play below average.

Posted

There aren't that many positions on the team where average would be an upgrade. But the ones where it would are very obvious.

FS

NT

RG

WR 3 & 4

Posted

Armanti Edwards would be the first to go.

Nakamura

Garry Williams

DeAngelo Williams

Fua

Brad Nortman