• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/1/11/1929402/ron-riveras-first-press-conference-a-summary

Some good poo here. Amazing the difference less than two years can make. Can't believe how wrong we were about this guy.

#2 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

There was a reason this guy was passed over so many times...I told yall....I told yall..

#3 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

4 more weeks then its over :thumbsd:

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,836 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

4 more weeks then its over :thumbsd:

Maybe.

#5 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well an inferior site was right, Sundays and Mondays sure as hell haven't been boring with him :|

#6 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Odd how some great coordinators are awful head coaches.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

He went on to say his football philosophy is to be aggressive on both sides of the ball, as well as running a balanced offense. He said not just balanced from a run/pass perspective, but rather knowing when to run the ball, knowing when to pass the ball and attacking your opponent's weaknesses.

this is where i feel we were lied to.

i think they were pretty aggressive last year, but this year he just crapped all over that aggressive thing. he's essentially picked up where fox left off as far as aggressiveness and playing not to lose.

it's what i really expect from defensive minded coaches who tend to prefer more ball control games and not really being aggressive. i thought that rivera was a break from that mindset, but i was wrong. the organization was wrong.

we really need to go a very different direction this time around and we need to get someone with a track record of being aggressive and running an aggressive game.

#8 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

So who's the next up and coming defensive coordinator for us to hire and fire?

#9 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Christ, I remember the hire. I was so excited about this team and last year further enforced that, except I didn't see a whole lot of the discipline I expected. Regardless, this team was aggressive and exciting last year offensively. They really poo the bed this year.

This Rivera experiment has been a big failure in my eyes.

#10 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

i think they were pretty aggressive last year, but this year he just crapped all over that aggressive thing. he's essentially picked up where fox left off as far as aggressiveness and playing not to lose.

it's what i really expect from defensive minded coaches who tend to prefer more ball control games and not really being aggressive. i thought that rivera was a break from that mindset, but i was wrong. the organization was wrong.

we really need to go a very different direction this time around and we need to get someone with a track record of being aggressive and running an aggressive game.

I disagree. I don't see a bit of ball control in this offense. They live and die by the longer pass plays.

#11 MagPie

MagPie

Get real

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

The blind leading the blind

#12 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

One thing this shows is press conferences are meaningless other than injury & starter updates from the horse's mouth

I actually came to enjoy Fox playing dodgeball with reporters more than Rivera's stupid attempts at being transparent about personel decisions.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

I disagree. I don't see a bit of ball control in this offense. They live and die by the longer pass plays.

i guess my mind was on the crucial moments of the game towards the end. the team just gets soft on both sides of the ball.

agreed that they focus too much on the long ball/big downfield play for most of the game.

#14 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

I felt that they also lied about being focused on teaching and utilizing the talent that they have on the roster. A season later we're hearing that they don't have the personnel for their scheme?

#15 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

We were tricked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.