#16 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,107 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

If Tannenbaum uses him as a scapegoat to save his own ass he'll have teams immediately go after him as HC. He's not ending up as a DC.

His W/L and % of making the playoffs right now is among the best in the league compared to current Head Coaches. His first three seasons as HC he didn't finish with a losing season once, made the playoffs twice and had back to back appearances in the AFC Championship game. This with Mark fuggin Sanchez at QB.

This season he's been handed a complete joke of a roster and has been overruled constantly by their terrible GM on personnel decisions. For example, Rex wanted Chandler Jones (a guy in running for DROY before getting banged up) instead of who they actually picked, Quinton Coples, who thus far has been completely underwhelming.

The small amount of talent the team does have is mostly prima-donna "me first" type guys. And they've lost their most talented player on both offense AND defense to injury.

Look at their offense right now. QB depth chart is Mark Sanchez and The Golden Calf of Bristol (LOL), they've let their OLine go downhill, they've got nothing special at RB, their top WRs right now are.... drumrolll please... Jeremy Kerly (a guy with 314 total career receiving yards heading into the season) and Stephen Hill, a 2nd round rookie who was considered to be a huge project. I don't know how that group of guys ever makes a first down much less score points.

But even with all that the Jets right now are 2nd in their division, 8th in the AFC and still have a chance to finish the year above .500 and sneak into a Wild Card spot (although admittedly it's a long shot).

I apologize in advance for making points and bringing in facts rather than just saying "he sucks".

#17 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Rex in Carolina?

No thanks.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,247 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

He'll end up as a DC.
Too stupid for any Owner or GM to hire as another HC.

Would love to have him here as a DC though.

#19 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,605 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

He would drive up the cost of buffets

#20 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,431 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

We don't need that circus here

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,514 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

would easily take him as a DC, hell probably as a head coach too- guy has a great record with the Jets

**edit RocknRolla said it much better than me

#22 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Anyone who wouldn't take Ryan (or Rivera for that matter) as a DC is missing a chromosome or 2.

#23 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Tell me which head coaching candidate would be able to reign him in as an assistant coach?

#24 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hell I could. "You failed as a HC, STFU and run the defense. Don't like it? Go get a job elsewhere."

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Tell me which head coaching candidate would be able to reign him in as an assistant coach?

He was an assistant coach for 20 years dude. You act as if he's a toddler.

#26 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,778 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

I say yes to Rex as a DC. Much like Rivera, he's one hell of a DC. You can't deny them that.

#27 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Absolutely. To be honest, I'm not even sold he is a bad head coach (just stuck with a crappy quarterback and The Golden Calf of Bristol is no better; though I'm not sure why he doesn't just stick in McElroy). But as a defensive coordinator? I'd love him.

Only issue is I'm not sure we have the personnel for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com