Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I going crazy/Strange Concerns... (Prepping)

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Read One Second After.

Be Scared.

I read that last year..it was good...reeeally makes you think

Posted

The ultimate game: On Sat. the 22nd everytime you read a post on facebook, twitter, reddit or anywhere else on the net about how we made it and survived the apocolypse, you have to take a drink.

Posted

The ultimate game: On Sat. the 22nd everytime you read a post on facebook, twitter, reddit or anywhere else on the net about how we made it and survived the apocolypse, you have to take a drink.

I'm hoping to buy up the survival gear they get rid of on the cheap :)

Posted

3/13/13

u heard it here first

Posted

tumblr_leftahY4RZ1qf8yek.gif

Posted

Im not seeing your point - total power failure let to the Fukushima explosions - who cares how they got there?

I beg to differ....the flooding caused the issues. Had it been just a simple total power outage, there would not have been any issues. The flooding afterwards is where the problems came from. Flooding that would not have occured outside of normal day to day activities.

How many power outages do you think happen world wide each year?

How many catastrophic failures happen in that same year?

my point simply was that these facilities are designed to completely safe themselves in the event of a total loss of power. Other circumstances can not all be accounted for....flooding, severe weather, acts of terrorism etc.

Posted

Stop watching doomsday preppers!

Posted

Almost all the people on Doomsday Preppers are jokes... The only one I've seen that has been a relatively normal person was the first guy from this past week's episode... He just has more money than he knows what to do with, so at least he's using it wisely...

Almost every person they have featured is either has a form of OCD, is just plain uneducated, or simply wants to be on TV.

1 person likes this

Posted

I beg to differ....the flooding caused the issues. Had it been just a simple total power outage, there would not have been any issues. The flooding afterwards is where the problems came from. Flooding that would not have occured outside of normal day to day activities.

How many power outages do you think happen world wide each year?

How many catastrophic failures happen in that same year?

my point simply was that these facilities are designed to completely safe themselves in the event of a total loss of power. Other circumstances can not all be accounted for....flooding, severe weather, acts of terrorism etc.

I see what you are saying, but in the case of something like a nuclear reactor, where the consequences of an accident, terroism, or act of God are catastropic, ALL potential failures should be planned for no matter how remote, before the thing is even built.

In other news - are you old enough to remember this?

http://en.wikipedia....Bhopal_disaster

Posted

I see what you are saying, but in the case of something like a nuclear reactor, where the consequences of an accident, terroism, or act of God are catastropic, ALL potential failures should be planned for no matter how remote, before the thing is even built.

In other news - are you old enough to remember this?

http://en.wikipedia....Bhopal_disaster

Psshhhhh... Hawk is old as dirt.

Posted

yes, I am certainly old enough to remember that very well.

it would be a wonderful thing to be able to design these facilities for every scenario but ultimately impossible too. I would certainly argue that a nuclear facility right on the coast should certainly be prepared for flooding. I know many of the refineries and chemical plants on the Gulf Coast and Eastern Seaboard have all sorts of procedures in place to deal with severe weather etc.

Posted

this isn't contrarian at all right now... this is trendy as all hell.

Thank God.

Hopefully this will encourage saving, and self reliance as well.

Somehow I doubt it though.