Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte is the worst sports town in the galaxy

74 posts in this topic

Posted

When JR hit that shot it seemed like the entire crowd were Knicks fans.

I couldn't believe how loud it was. Just like when the Giants and Broncos scored at BofA. It's really bad and getting worse.

Posted

About 12 years or so ago, I went to a Dodgers/Braves game in Los Angeles. Braves fans made up a significant portion of the crowd. My guess would be around 10 thousand. So Los Angeles is definitely the worst sports town.

Posted

Yea right. Maybe you should quit the bit(hing. One last person who bit(h.

you can post "bitch" on this board

2 people like this

Posted

Most transient cities are like this.

Posted

When the Panthers or Bobcats lose and a fan isnt there to witness it.. Is it still a loss?

2 people like this

Posted

About 12 years or so ago, I went to a Dodgers/Braves game in Los Angeles. Braves fans made up a significant portion of the crowd. My guess would be around 10 thousand. So Los Angeles is definitely the worst sports town.

I couldn't put a town that has the Los Angeles Lakers fanbase/history at the top of the worst sport's town list.

Posted

really the only way we'll ever build a steelers or cowboys type following is to dominate this decade

that will result in a national bandwagon for better or for worse. the team just happening to exist in charlotte isn't going to be enough to secure a devout following.

Posted

I couldn't put a town that has the Los Angeles Lakers fanbase/history at the top of the worst sport's town list.

Lakers are the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA. That alone puts them at the top. :)

Posted

Lakers are the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA. That alone puts them at the top. :)

true.

fun exercise: think of all the people you know who are lakers fans who don't have a single tie to LA

Posted

Don't worry. With the New Orleans name change the HORNETS will be a Charlotte team again

Posted

A good start would be for the fans to learn about the game of football. Not cheering when the offense is trying to set up, going crazy to help out the defense via noise, not wearing a murderer's jersey, not wearing a drunk's jersey, showing up before the game starts, staying until the end of the game (OH MY GOD THAT EXTRA 30 MINUTES IN THE CAR WILL BE THE END OF ME), not selling PSL's to opposing fans while Panthers fans are searching, not lifting and putting down the toilet seat when going to the bathroom, not calling everybody that thinks Cam has room to improve a racist, not believing anything on the Huddle...

We've sure got a ways to go :(

Posted

Get me a decent job with my business degree in Charlotte and I would gladly go to EVERY Panthers game and a poo ton of Bobcats games. Sadly, I live 4 hours away and it's hard to do.