Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Kokinis, Marc Ross, and Dave Gettleman being pushed by Accorsi for the GM spot

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Ross please

Posted

Ross definitely seems like the most attractive candidate at this point

3 people like this

Posted

im on the marc ross bandwagon

Posted

bill belichick was a browns retread, everyone should be judged individually, to judge them based on their prior team is asinine

Belichick wasn't much of anything until he hooked up with Tom Brady. 1st year was sub .500 with the Patriots. They caught fire next year largely with Tom (and a little help from Bledsoe) and won the SB.

Yes, coaches (or anyone else) should be judged individually, but it would be silly to ignore the environment they came from. The recent Browns "era" has been anything but consistent or impressive and the past two O-coordinators of ours that were from Cleveland have resembled that.

Posted

out of those guys i like ross, cause i've heard of him lol

Posted

If we sign Marc Ross, should we expect Perry Fewell as a package deal?

I like Fewell, unlike some around here, however, I don't think it would be set in stone that Ross would go that direction. Not every new GM brings guys from their previous regime.

Posted

Belichick wasn't much of anything until he hooked up with Tom Brady. 1st year was sub .500 with the Patriots. They caught fire next year largely with Tom (and a little help from Bledsoe) and won the SB.

Yes, coaches (or anyone else) should be judged individually, but it would be silly to ignore the environment they came from. The recent Browns "era" has been anything but consistent or impressive and the past two O-coordinators of ours that were from Cleveland have resembled that.

True but you have to wonder if he has learned from his mistakes and realize that he is apart of the Ravens' staff and learned enough behind a true GM in Ozzie Newsome to be a good GM

Posted

Like our current and previous offensive coordinators?

No thanks. I'm tired of Browns retreads, no matter their title. A quick flash in the pan and done.

I hear ya...and I'm a Browns fan... No more retreads from them...dang.

Posted

True but you have to wonder if he has learned from his mistakes and realize that he is apart of the Ravens' staff and learned enough behind a true GM in Ozzie Newsome to be a good GM

Perhaps. And I would bet that would come up in his interview session if he is indeed given one by this organization.

I'm not ragging on the guy...he may be a diamond in the rough. But it is hard to distinguish his affiliation with the Browns when we've had a rash of bad luck with their "retreads". I know, it's a small sample size so far, but it is indeed something to consider when analyzing the quality of the Browns organization the past decade. Unfortunately, we're not much better at the moment and I don't want this team to end up being one of the perennial bottomfeeders that has a revolving door of coaches and GMs.

Posted

Looking through drafts i want Ross, he's been a damn good scout for the Giants and even had some luck as Bills scout before that, however he needs a damn good accountant by his side before i'm sold completely

Posted

I think I may be the only one that has Dave Gettleman as his current first choice :lol:

I'd be happy with Marc Ross too, though.

Posted

I think I may be the only one that has Dave Gettleman as his current first choice :lol:

I'd be happy with Marc Ross too, though.

RT @vancespn: Wild guess-- coach & GM for Panthers next year ... Mike Sullivan. Dave Gettleman.

That was Peter king's response to dpantherman