Photo
- - - - -

2013 Panthers Offense

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Focus on the Run or Pass? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Focus on the Run or Pass?

1. Run (14 votes [38.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Pass (22 votes [61.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I am hoping to see great answers! Aside from the offensive line, what worries you the most on the offense?

#2 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

You understand that they play off eachother and every game plan is different right? Uhm Ill say whatever the team is defending less, I'd like to focus on that.

#3 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

All the run game needs is an O-Line and a decent scheme. Pass game needs better targets and protection and it wouldn't hurt if Cam could curtail all those overthrows.

#4 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I worry about our TE situation. I believe Shockey brought a lot to the team and if we had another TE like that we could do a lot more on 3rd and long.

#5 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I would say our running backs are losing their stride.

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

I would say our running backs are losing their stride.

I wouldn't. Deangelo proved when given the opportunity he can still average over 5 yards a carry last week. His average wasn't even skewed by any long 50 yard runs or anything, just a lot of runs for 5-10 yards. The problem all year has been playcalling, not any skill players' performances. It's just these stupid plays where Cam has to wait until a defender is already right on top of him before he hands the ball off and then the guy is there to make a play on either of them.

#7 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

I wouldn't. Deangelo proved when given the opportunity he can still average over 5 yards a carry last week. His average wasn't even skewed by any long 50 yard runs or anything, just a lot of runs for 5-10 yards. The problem all year has been playcalling, not any skill players' performances. It's just these stupid plays where Cam has to wait until a defender is already right on top of him before he hands the ball off and then the guy is there to make a play on either of them.

I agree as well. Cam holding the ball in the runner's stomach a little too long.

#8 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

No thats what the read option calls for!! Sure blame cam for holding the ball too long when thats how the play is designed. Dump that poo. If you want cam to run design it. Use the rb as a blocker on designed runs for cam.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

balanced, unpredictable, abusive, opportunistic, and very fast paced (no huddle/hurry up offense).

that's what i want.

#10 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

His average wasn't even skewed by any long 50 yard runs or anything, just a lot of runs for 5-10 yards.

This was nice to see considering that under Fox he was good for at least one big run a game which has really helped his ypc prior to this year.

#11 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 867 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I miss the days of having a proper FB in Hoov, a powerful OL, and solid formations and schemes that the other team would take seriously instead of the gimmicky crap Chode has been running this season.

For as long as I can remember with this team, the Panthers have always been about the run. That's been the team's identity, but I understand the need to be flexible to the trends set by the NFL. With Cam and his improvement in the pass game, I am sure the team can become a perennial dual threat like last year with this year just being an abnormality.

#12 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

How often do we use the I formation? and full back leads?

#13 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm expecting another season of "make Cam do everything".

#14 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm expecting another season of "make Cam do everything".

lol he says its a team game. I hope he keeps his word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com