• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Carolina_Champ

Carolina_Champ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

There definitely seems to be a double standard with this coaching staff.

Nakamura was benched though. In the second half it was all Jones.

As far as Norman, I haven't been as high on high as others. Not only is he giving up so much cushion at the line, every pass attempt in his direction is completed because he's never in a position to break up a pass or get contact quick enough to knock the ball out. If the problem is really schematic, why does Thomas look so much better in coverage?

#47 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,520 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

As far as Norman, I haven't been as high on high as others. Not only is he giving up so much cushion at the line, every pass attempt in his direction is completed because he's never in a position to break up a pass or get contact quick enough to knock the ball out. If the problem is really schematic, why does Thomas look so much better in coverage?

Naka wasn't benched. He was hurt.

#48 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Fwiw I did hear Norman in the radio earlier this year and when asked about the differences between college and the pros he said he was having to learn to play off of the receiver. Something about making the receiver commit to his route withing 5 yards.

#49 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

You ask a valid question and Thomas may just be better. My post related strictly to Naka. It is monday and I did not make myself clear; my fault.

#50 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

As hopeful as I am about Norman, inflated tackle numbers and some poo talking is about the bulk of what he's shown. This ball hawking shutdown potential corner that we heard about in training camp didn't show up for the season. He reminded everyone that rookies of his caliber rarely get it going in their first season.

I still believe he can be a player, but Rivera "seeing what else we have" is very telling. If I'm Josh Norman I am doing what ever I can to get back on the field.

As far as this cushion discussion is concerned, cushion isn't just where the player lines up pre snap, its also how deep the player plays the coverage. Norman plays to far off of his man before the snap and after. I agree with those that believe this has to be a major part of his benching.

#51 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Nakamura wasn't benched why, then?

I know Nakamura gets a bad rap on here, and most of it is justified, but one thing I like about him is that he will flat out knock the dogshit out of some people! He's not afraid of contact, maybe that's why Rivera starts him.

#52 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thomas looks good because he is all over motherfugers and does not allow clean releases.

#53 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I know Nakamura gets a bad rap on here, and most of it is justified, but one thing I like about him is that he will flat out knock the dogshit out of some people! He's not afraid of contact, maybe that's why Rivera starts him.

He is better than his rep around here. He is a victim of the huddle pack mentality, the same pack that defends "The JAG". Too scared to form their own opinions.

#54 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Norman is a good player. I bet Rivera would have benched Gamble in 2004 if he had the chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.