Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

I don't give a fug if we win out, get into the playoffs, and win the Superbowl 58484 to 0..

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Ron Rivera can not stay another year.

#2 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

You don't fire a Super Bowl winning coach the next season.

#3 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

We are mathematically eliminated.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

if he and this team have turned the corner he stays.

i seriously doubt that is the case, but if it happens you don't fire the guy.

i don't care how much hate i or anyone else feels.

pretty silly and petty to say that a coach should be fired in spite of success.

if he gets us to 7-9 and the wins are as convincing and games are as hard fought as it was yesterday...if it's balls to the wall the rest of the season then yeah, maybe he should stay.

i want what's best for the team and winning is best for the team. if they figure out how to do it, you don't scrap it.

again, i doubt that throughout his career as HC here that rivera has presented a convincing enough argument to keep his job with a new GM who will more than likely want his own guy.

if the team has turned that corner and rivera has finally learned enough to help us win and the players have completely bought in then we don't screw with that.

#5 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

New GM = New coach

#6 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I agree, hes a terrible coach, and has terrible co-conspirators.

#7 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Beating the falcunts was nice but let's not forget we made the Chiefs look like a playoff team.

#8 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Do fans really want a coach who sabotaged a season to try out a sorry scheme, back in the driver seat for another year? My two biggest fears concerning this team is Rivera staying, or Chip Kelly being hired.

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,104 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

What I want from a coach is a guy who players play hard for who have good position coaches and makes good decisions. Lets see the rest of the way but the kind of game they put together yesterday was exactly what we needed. If they play tough and inspired the rest of the season I see no reason not to keep him for 1 more year. Everyone who thinks that just because we hire a new coach it will instantly translate to the playoffs and everything being fine are pretty naive. And if you think that anyone would be better than Rivera, you just don't have a clue.

The young guys are stepping up and playing inspired. The only thing I want to see is a string of wins not 1 win every 3 or 4 games. If we can win out, then Rivera deserves another year.

#10 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

What I want from a coach is a guy who players play hard for who have good position coaches and makes good decisions. Lets see the rest of the way but the kind of game they put together yesterday was exactly what we needed. If they play tough and inspired the rest of the season I see no reason not to keep him for 1 more year. Everyone who thinks that just because we hire a new coach it will instantly translate to the playoffs and everything being fine are pretty naive. And if you think that anyone would be better than Rivera, you just don't have a clue.

The young guys are stepping up and playing inspired. The only thing I want to see is a string of wins not 1 win every 3 or 4 games. If we can win out, then Rivera deserves another year.

You're falling for the trap. You have to keep in mind Rivera actually sacrificed this season in an attempt to look like a football genius. (Letting Cam be our only offensive weapon, and everyone else fall where they may) Not too mention he gave very limited reps to Kuechly, started Nakamura when he showed nothing in the preseason, and held back guys like Joe Adams and David Gettis as of late. This guy stinks.

We could have been in the playoffs this year if it weren't for his goof up play calling that cost us several games. (Falcons, Bears, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks) Do we really want this coach to be here another year?

#11 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

You don't fire a Super Bowl winning coach the next season.

Technically, he resigned...but a certain Jimmy Johnson comes to mind

#12 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

im with you................ tired of seeing rg,lk,rw,ck in the playoffs contention and all newton has is records.

#13 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Some coach will love the fact that he has Cam as a qb...

New Gm and New coach = playoffs 2013

#14 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

JR is stubborn enough to keep rivera around even with a new GM.

#15 KittyCity

KittyCity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hell, even Seifert got 3 years. You clowns better get used to the idea of RR coaching this team next year. It's happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.