#1 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

http://www.charlotte...ave-mirror.html

I read this article on the issues facing both teams and I thought to myself.

If Rivera talks with Norv so much and coached under him, no wonder we mirror their mediocrity. Norv Turner has coached there five seasons and always underachieved with serious talent. Think about how many years they went 0-4 or 1-5, to start the season. This season they started off hot only to sink back into ineffective execution. Norv Turner has always had up and down facets of the team(i.e offense, defense, special teams). One is up while another is down. He has never put his foot down with players and has had subsequent discipline problems. He does not defend his players in the media. He was a great coordinator, but having everything on his shoulders has always seemed to be too much.

For those who are thinking that we should give Rivera another year, I say look at San Diego and ask yourself if that shite show is what you want our team to look like. I feel like if JR gives Rivera more years, his tenure will mirror Norv's in SanDiego because he coaches and handles situations just like Norv.

#2 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

This is why I'm terrified of Rivera coming back. I've thought this for a while.

Hoping Rivera's farewell tour concludes this week. (at Chi, at Phi, at SD)

#3 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

So much of our philosophy and just overall way we operate reflect theirs and it's led to similar results. I liked the Rivera hiring but this has been my primary concern all along

#4 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

We really have become the Chargers

Well at least we have a guy from the Giants organization looking for our next General Manager who hopefully will look at Rivera and the potential hc crop and figure something out for our best interest.

#5 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

So much of our philosophy and just overall way we operate reflect theirs and it's led to similar results. I liked the Rivera hiring but this has been my primary concern all along

See I just got it when I seen that article. I felt like we were knee deep in a philosophy that didn't fit our players and we were doing things that were different from the past, but not effective. It was like when Henning left it was all puppy dogs and ice cream around here, but Davidson seemed to be worse as well as losing too. When I read this article I put it together and was like no wonder. We are just like those bums(Chargers). I would rather it stop now than continue any further.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,290 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

i think some new HC somewhere (not here because that would be awkward) would jump at the chance to have rivera running their D and turner running their O.

i just hope it's some AFC team and glad that no NFCS team is going to be looking for a new HC. those two together could be good somewhere.

#7 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I read the article and didn't get any of that. Maybe I didn't have a preconceived notion before I read it. I just read the usual pregame hype coaches say about every team before they play a game against a team they previously coached for.

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

We hired a staff that doesn't know how to win big games...what did JR expect? It was obvious about halfway through last year that Rivera didn't know what he was doing.

#9 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

nm

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

We hired a staff that doesn't know how to win big games...what did JR expect? It was obvious about halfway through last year that Rivera didn't know what he was doing.

#11 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Every year the Chargers do just enough to keep people who need to be fired from being fired. That's what scares me about Rivera's late season success. That the way our team is built makes us look sexy enough to keep people who need to lose their jobs from doing so.

#12 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Every year the Chargers do just enough to keep people who need to be fired from being fired. That's what scares me about Rivera's late season success. That the way our team is built makes us look sexy enough to keep people who need to lose their jobs from doing so.

I totally agree

#13 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,764 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Too little too late, RR and Co. slogan. He's a nice guy and all but he needs to go.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Norv Turner is a coordinator, not a coach. Same argument could be said regarding Rivera.

Turner is a coach who should have been fired at least two seasons ago. Will the same be said about Rivera?

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

This post is on the money. 100% accurate.

Most Charger fans have wanted their GM fired for longer than Norv. At least we had an owner who realized it was time to pull the plug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com