32 replies to this topic

#31 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,758 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

He actually did reverse the staggering hole we were digging with the stimulus, the unemployment rate data shows this.

It's really easy to look at something that worked given it's political limitations and say that "It wasn't that great!".

Hint: for the past 4 years we were told by Republicans that we needed to cut government spending to save jobs. Now we are being told by Republicans that unless we avert these automatic government spending cuts we could lose jobs.

#32 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I don't think they were ... maybe just as concerned?

When the head of Senate Republicans says "The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE WANT TO ACHIEVE is to make him a one term president." I think you're wrong.

I hope you're not accusing me of trying to deflect or run away.

Then you shouldn't deflect. Granted the question was directed at someone else but you chose to respond & that response was a lame attempt at deflection.

I believe that while the unemployment rate finally has come in under 8%, we still have more and more people dropping out of those being counted because they've given up looking for work.

Plausible.

I think Obama made a lot of promises about fixing the economy and fixing it fast, and that hasn't happened. Not that I believed it could be fixed fast ... but it's been much, much slower than promised, and many people are still struggling.

I think that Republicans spent too much time trying to make Obama a one term president instead of trying to help the situation.

#33 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Because they felt he would be bad for the country ... that his approach was bad. (Of course, others will say it's because he's (half) black.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.