#361 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,170 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

So then you like to discuss things so long as they maintain a Christian perspective, and if they don't you feel the need to trash other religions to make yourself feel better about your beliefs? How worldly of you.

Haha I haven't trashed one religion in here. I have simply pointed out examples of what you and others have done to Christianity. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

If I came in here and said Atheists were the reason that this happened, I would be attacked and made fun of.

But if I came in here and said Christians are the reason that this tragedy happened, I would get pie...

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I am clearly the most tolerant individual in here because I'm the only person that hasn't called anyone out on their faith.

#362 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,170 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

The idea is that you have no right to tell people how to respect those lost. A lot of people feel that stirring up the gun control debate is doing right by the victims, similarly with other arguments.

People react to a tragedy in different ways and it's silly to demand that others do as you want them to.

Blaming a religion does nothing to honor these people nor does it have anything to do with the tragedy at hand. You can debate that all you want but the simple fact is your wrong.

#363 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Haha I haven't trashed one religion in here. I have simply pointed out examples of what you and others have done to Christianity. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

If I came in here and said Atheists were the reason that this happened, I would be attacked and made fun of.

But if I came in here and said Christians are the reason that this tragedy happened, I would get pie...

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I am clearly the most tolerant individual in here because I'm the only person that hasn't called anyone out on their faith.

Not one person blamed Christianity. Not a single person. A few people did blame a lack of Christianity for it happening though, and they were mocked - Rightfully so.

You haven't called anyone out on their faith, but you have called everyone out on their lack of faith. Same thing, just more passive aggressive.

Your strawmen are weak sir, and I'm done with this discussion. I'm going to drink a beer and play some video games before I go to bed. Have a good night.

#364 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Blaming a religion does nothing to honor these people nor does it have anything to do with the tragedy at hand. You can debate that all you want but the simple fact is your wrong.

Again, and for the last time, NO ONE BLAIMED Christianity. Some people did blame the lack thereof, however.

#365 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,170 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Not one person blamed Christianity. Not a single person. A few people did blame a lack of Christianity for it happening though, and they were mocked - Rightfully so.

You haven't called anyone out on their faith, but you have called everyone out on their lack of faith. Same thing, just more passive aggressive.

Your strawmen are weak sir, and I'm done with this discussion. I'm going to drink a beer and play some video games before I go to bed. Have a good night.

It's not the lack of religion, it's the lack of respect.

And yes, Christian's can drink and play video games as well.

#366 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,731 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

For the majority I agree with you, but from what I have been reading is that some of the weapons Adam Lanza used were actually his mothers (who may have had a very clean background). So what's the solution to that?

I support the idea of gun owners having to accept full liability for their weapons.

Since most Americans could not afford to do so out of their own pocket, they would need to purchase insurance.

Private insurance companies would take it from there by requiring gun locks and gun safes when the owner did not have the weapon in their possession.

Insurance companies are even better at lobbying Congress than the NRA.

It would be an interesting fight, but I suspect eventually smart firearms (that could ID their owners) would become the norm and older weapons would become much more of a risk to insure, except for licensed collectors, so they would be gradually filtered out of the system.

This problem didn't happen over night. It would take several generations to correct.

Having said that, there is no excuse for waiting any longer to get started.

#367 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,170 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Absolutely, within the next week would be fantastic, my problem is with people that want to outlaw firearms completely.

You see I live in a pretty rural community and my dad owns a pretty nice house, he was just telling me yesterday that he wished he had a shotgun because someone tried to break in through the screened in porch. All he had was a lamp post and he told me that a lamp post won't be able to stop these sick and psychotic individuals like it used to be able to.

My personal agenda would be to limit gun control but not extinguish it because those who want to extinguish have never clearly experienced a time where they needed a sense of protection.

#368 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,731 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Absolutely not within the next week would be fantastic, my problem is with people that want to outlaw firearms completely.

You see I live in a pretty rural community and my dad owns a pretty nice house, he was just telling me yesterday that he wished he had a shotgun because someone tried to break in through the screened in porch. All he had was a lamp post and he told me that a lamp post won't be able to stop these sick and psychotic individuals like it used to be able to.

My personal agenda would be to limit gun control but not extinguish it because those who want to extinguish have never clearly experienced a time where they needed a sense of protection.

Understood. This seems like a reasonable position to me.

#369 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

This kid looked like a problem waiting to happen. And apparently, his mother didn't work at the school like it has been reported. This says she may have worked there in some capacity in the past, but it's not known in what capacity. What a sick individual...
[img]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/nRYzB_Acfrqt0wwsY5DsfQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzYwO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjQwO2R4PTA7ZHk9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0zNTU7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/gma/us.abcnews.gma.com/ht_Adam_lanza_sandy_hook_bug_121214_wmain.jpg[/img]
http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

Adam Lanza of Newtown, Connecticut was a child of the suburbs and a child of divorce who at age 20 still lived with his mother.
This morning he appears to have started his day by shooting his mother Nancy in the face, and then driving to nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School armed with at least two handguns and at least one semi-automatic rifle.
There, before turning his gun on himself, he shot and killed 20 children, who President Obama later described as between five and 10 years of age. Six adults were also killed at the school. Nancy Lanza was found dead in her home.
A relative told ABC News that Adam was "obviously not well."
Family friends in Newtown also described the young man as troubled and described Nancy as very rigid. "[Adam] was not connected with the other kids," said one friend.
State and federal authorities believe his mother may have once worked at the elementary school where Adam went on his deadly rampage, although she was not a teacher, according to relatives, perhaps a volunteer.
Nancy and her husband Peter, Adam's father, divorced in 2009. When they first filed for divorce in 2008, a judge ordered that they participate in a "parenting education program."
Peter Lanza, who drove to northern New Jersey to talk to police and the FBI, is a vice president at GE Capital and had been a partner at global accounting giant Ernst & Young.
Adam's older brother Ryan Lanza, 24, has worked at Ernst & Young for four years, apparently following in his father's footsteps and carving out a solid niche in the tax practice. He too was interviewed by the FBI. Neither he nor his father is under any suspicion.
"[Ryan] is a tax guy and he is clean as a whistle," a source familiar with his work said.
Police had initially identified Ryan as the killer. Ryan sent out a series of Facebook posts saying it wasn't him and that he was at work all day. Video records as well as card swipes at Ernst & Young verified his statement that he had been at the office.
Investigators are looking into whether Adam Lanza was carrying his older brother Ryan's identification at the time of the shooting, which may have caused the confusion. Neither Adam nor Ryan has any known criminal history.

#370 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Oh so your the smart one that said China and India (by the way, India isn't a communist country, they can easily be Christians) can't be Christians.

No, I just pointed out that in the two most heavily populated countries in the world, few identify as Christian.

That's interesting I have cousins who are missionaries that have ran underground churches in China as well as witnessed in India but you are obviously going to dispute that.

No, what I will do is point out that in India, is about 2.3% Christian (a little over 24 million) & in China it's about 10% (about 130,000,000, & for the record I'm doubling the conservative estimate) & instead of pointing to random family members, I'll give you actual evidence.
http://www.censusind...e/religion.aspx

http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...gazine-14838749

Sorry but that ain't gonna get you your 60% of the world.

Now then... you wanna end this particular derail, or do we have to get into how wrong you were about China not allowing Christianity in when it's one of their officially recognized religions?

#371 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Absolutely not within the next week would be fantastic, my problem is with people that want to outlaw firearms completely.

Do you realize this is literally almost no one? I can't even name a single person with that position. Can you?

#372 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,170 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Do you realize this is literally almost no one? I can't even name a single person with that position. Can you?

Sadly, most of the people of my Facebook timeline.

#373 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,852 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

I was going to make a terribly insensitive and offensive post mocking what conservatives would say about the shooting.

Unfortunately tbAryan beat me to it.

#374 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,170 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Apparently Connecticut has one of the strictest gun laws in the country.

http://www.montereyh...est-in-the-u-s/

#375 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

This is really bothering me for some reason. I just can't wrap my head around anyone wanting to enter a school full of actual kids who are about as innocent and helpless as you can find and slaughter them. I'm not even a christian but at the moment the only thing that can make me feel a little bit better is thinking that the shooter is getting what he deserves in hell right now.

I don't care about Israel, Iraq, or any other foreign country right now. In my opinion this should be a wake up call to America that we really need to fix ourselves. Yes, sometimes these things are going to happen no matter what but they're been happening way too much as of late and they've just been getting progressively worse and more sickening.

I'll just be ignoring the media for the next month or so. This is a big enough tragedy without those vultures trying to exploit it even more. Some of you on here pushing your political agendas on here are just as bad, there's 30 fuging people dead and all you care about is either ITZ GODZ JUDGEMUNT, ILL NUVER GIVE UP MUH GUNZ, or VIDYA GAMES DID UT. I think we should all just come together and realize that this is an unfathomable tragedy and try to fix things instead of fighting because that's just going to make things even worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.