#256 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Btw boys and girls.

My wife and I just purchased our 5 year old daughter a pink BB gun from Santa. That's what she asked him to bring her. We also bought her an archery deer for her to target practice on. As soon as I feel like she can handle a gun properly ( probably when she turns around 8) we will buy her a .22.

Her dad (me) has taken the hunters safety course and completed it. ( my grandpa and I went to the class when I was 8, and you better bet my daughter will go the same route.)

I also have my concealed carry.

My daughter is raised in a loving, nurturing home.

She will probably be a mass murderer some day /sarcasm.

#257 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,362 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Good dodge.

Care to answer my question or will you just divert again?

Go tell the parents of those 20 kids that they were just unlucky, no need to infringe on fat rednecks idiotic hobbies.

This post right here is a great illustration of why this "discussion" is completely pointless... Because It's not a discussion at all.

#258 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,551 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Good dodge.

Care to answer my question or will you just divert again?

As to the question: yes of course I don't want assault rifles in schools.

#259 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Let's not forget all the hundreds of children that die every year from accidental shootings.

Or those that die every year from car accidents...let's ban all cars and let everyone ride bicycles. That would protect all of those innocent kids. And, you don't need transportation that is that fast. A bicycle will still allow you to get from point A to point B.

If you have a car, you don't care about the kids. If you have 2 or 3 cars in your driveway, you are an even bigger threat to society.

#260 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Or those that die every year from car accidents...let's ban all cars and let everyone ride bicycles. That would protect all of those innocent kids. And, you don't need transportation that is that fast. A bicycle will still allow you to get from point A to point B.

If you have a car, you don't care about the kids. If you have 2 or 3 cars in your driveway, you are an even bigger threat to society.

probably help with obesity too. Win Win

#261 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

probably help with obesity too. Win Win

Bottom line is that a mentally ill person killed those kids and it was a horrible tragedy. Those blaming guns for this tragedy are the same ones who do not believe in personal accountability.

More people for of heart disease.....we should ban all fast foid. It is killing people.

More people die from drowning...we should fill in all of the pools. They are killing people.

These examples are ridiculous....but have just as much logic and validity as banning guns.

Inanimate objects do not kill people. People kill people,

#262 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Exactly, "Let cooler heads prevail", "Let's have a cooling off period", "Let's not act rashly". Individuals in the military that are displaying signs of being erratic or under extreme stress will not be given access to firearms until they are cleared by their commander and medical authorities to return to duty.

I'm more than fine with this... I'm a supporter of gun rights, and I'm a gun owner... I have no problem with placing more regulation on the purchase (and ownership) of all firearms... It's currently just about as easy to get a rifle as it is to get a beer at the local bar...

I'm also fine with placing laws or regulations on gun owners that encourage proper, responsible storage of firearms... Most responsible owners have a more secure storage method than the nightstand at the edge of the bed... You have to have a license to hunt or fish, a license to drive, a license to get married, a license to do this and a license to do that... I'm fine with requiring a license to own a firearm...

I'm a law abiding gun owner, and regardless of what the law is, I will always be a law abiding gun owner... I am responsible in the storage of my weapons... There have been times when I have been glad I had them... There have been times I have wielded them, feeling threatened in my own home... I am thankful I have one and don't need it, as opposed to sorry I need one and don't have it...

I will follow any law that is deemed necessary... I'm open minded to solutions... I'm also willing to admit I do not have the answers... But I will continue to be an owner...

That being said.....

I do not personally believe that more stringent regulations will have the result that many hope they will...

Since the dawn of man people have been killing one another with sticks, stones, hands, clubs, swords, slingshots, fire, water, poison, bows, bullets, bombs, blades and bad intentions... I firmly believe that if someone is determined enough to kill, they will find a way... I believe that someone who wants to get their hands on a weapon (whatever their choice) will do so... Legally or not... I'm really not sure that it would even slow down the violence... There is simply too much open access to firearms... If they can't buy one, they'll steal one...

I believe the bigger issue has to do with indentifying and addressing mental illness (is it caused by bullying? cinema? society?), and giving these people the help they need... We have the ability to better identify these individuals... I believe we should start there...

Unfortunately nothing we do, no law we pass, no speech we hear, will bring back the victims of these senseless crimes, nor adequately comfort the families... All we can do is the best we can, and remain open minded about solutions...

#263 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

this argument (using that term very loosely here) has been, and will always be, illogical.

gun control advocates argue that guns make it much easier for people to kill other people, through greater ability and feasibility. responding with "guns don't kill people" is simply an attempt to divert

#264 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm totally cool with this if you can get the cops/government/opposing countries governments to do the same thing.

Do you know why the 2nd amendment was written in the first place?

Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I know why it was written...do you? And do you realize the times? Things have changed. For example...our wonderful founding fathers were ok with slavery despite saying that all men were created equal. They were wrong at the time about some things, and had no way to understand the future about others.

You have the Constitutional right to own a firearm, that is all that the 2nd means.

I didn't mean that it was about the right to form a militia, poor choice of words be me.

"A" firearm. Not all firearms.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you disarm a whole society, then the young, old, weak, and female will fall prey to the most vile in a society. I am not sure than any I just listed could withstand a twenty something year old guy with a knife. It would turn into the strongest survive type situation. Animal kingdom on display.

This female has never had to be protected by anyone with a gun. That is one of the craziest things I have read.

By the way, my protection of choice would be a good dog.

#265 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Btw boys and girls.

My wife and I just purchased our 5 year old daughter a pink BB gun from Santa. That's what she asked him to bring her. We also bought her an archery deer for her to target practice on. As soon as I feel like she can handle a gun properly ( probably when she turns around 8) we will buy her a .22.

Her dad (me) has taken the hunters safety course and completed it. ( my grandpa and I went to the class when I was 8, and you better bet my daughter will go the same route.)

Thought I would get the usual " fat redneck gun toting constitutionalist" post on this by now. ( all 140 pounds of it) where is your rebuttal liberal redneck hating baseball bat swinging fools?

#266 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Let me go a little further for you anti gun folks. My daughter will hopefully buy an AR 15 to protect my grand kids from peices of poo.

Again. Learning gun safety from a responsible owner. Still waiting on the Panthro "haha Pawpaw joke" he sends from his location. (Which I have)

#267 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Btw boys and girls.

No she probably won't. But at least if something does happen in her life that is out of your control, and she does snap and to go on a shooting spree, she will know how to kill people safely.

#268 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Holler at me when you have your own kids

#269 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Bottom line is that a mentally ill person killed those kids and it was a horrible tragedy. Those blaming guns for this tragedy are the same ones who do not believe in personal accountability.

More people for of heart disease.....we should ban all fast foid. It is killing people.

More people die from drowning...we should fill in all of the pools. They are killing people.

These examples are ridiculous....but have just as much logic and validity as banning guns.

Yes. Those kids made the personal choice to get killed that day. What?!?! In order for that analogy to work you would have to blame the kids for getting shot.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. This guy was mentally ill, but he didn't go into a school and kill 26 people in hand to hand combat.

#270 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

If there was an epidemic of people getting into cars with the sole purpose of killing other people I could get on board with that plan.

As far as I know, most people who are killed in car accidents, did not intend to get into car accidents when they entered the car.

That is a significant difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com