Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyB

hey pstall

6 posts in this topic

i'm in montañita

smiley_eyebrows.gif

this is the only time in my many years in the huddle that i have typed the following words:

pics or it didn't happen :lol:

dude. duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

also by the order of the huddle ancients, i charge you to only submit pics of your trip and no posting of anything other than that. we want you to remain married.

hah. honestly there's not a lot to take pictures of... it's a really small village propped up on the coast in the middle of hundreds of miles of vast scrubby cactus-y wasteland... the beach itself isn't particularly striking and the swell is really low right now despite it being peak season, so there's not really much surfing going on.

the cool part is the town itself, which is basically rastafarian central, chock full of backpackers with dreads and beards and beads and guitars. tons and tons of little hole-in-the-wall bars with cheap booze and salsa/party music thumping all night long. it's been kind of hard to capture the essence of it photographically.

but i'll try. we're here all day tomorrow and then driving back up to quito tuesday morning

yes. its a hole in the wall coastal town. i think jan is the best time to go for learning to surf.

• Topics

• WaPo isn't partners with the CIA. Amazon Web Services, which sells servers to thousands upon thousands of companies and websites, sold servers to the CIA. You can buy your own now right here. Does that make you partners with the WaPo? https://aws.amazon.com When Jimmy Dore says "600 million dollars is more than the Washington Post is even worth!" he's being a dumbass. The Washington Post didn't make the deal with the CIA so what they're worth is irrelevant. Amazon Web Services sold them servers, and they happen to have the same parent company as the Washington Post. The thing about Jimmy Dore is that he is absolutely utterly obsessed with Hillary Clinton. Like, utterly obsessed. Everything goes back to Hillary Clinton to him, and his obsession has morphed into skepticism of the Russian investigation, because he views it as an excuse for why Hillary lost. He can't accept the Russia stuff being true because if it's true then maybe Clinton didn't lose on merit. And so his skepticism of the Russia investigation has led him down the path of 'well the Deep State is conspiring against Trump' and 'the Deep State is the real true evil.' He fact-checks nothing. It's Alex Jones level poo.
    • Anyone who can equate any modern presidency at any moment in time with the embarrassment we see right now is off their gd rocker. What is really telling is that we now see that Trump can't just be casual.  He can't just talk it up with other peers.  He can't just chill the f*ck out. Seriously....people like this are weird as hell.   It's been obvious he's the head of a business but not a business savvy guy since the Apprentice.  I don't understand why we want the Sharknado meets 80s bad guy of Presidents.