• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#151 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I may be one of the few, but I agree with Scot on this one.

I sense a lot of people want to win right away, well there is more of a chance of that happening with a returning Rivera than it would with an entirely new staff, system, etc...

This very likely could be a three year process where Rivera and the Panthers finally get it right in the third year.

However, if the Panthers new GM decides to hire a completely new coaching staff that runs an entirely new system (pretty much everyone except Chip Kelly, Chip's offense is somewhat similar to our current one), then we are in another rebuilding mode, a.k.a another two more seasons before we are going to be a playoff team.

Give Rivera one more go at if the season starts off poorly (0-3, 0-4 etc...) just can him early.

The problem there is that if we roll into next season with Rivera on that tight of a leash (and you would need to as his MO to date is to win when it doesn't matter) you've effectively tanked the entire season if he screws up. You may as well just keep him as a lame duck because you're not going to get a new, quality coach midway through the season. So add another year to that turnaround time while we get the pleasure of watching yet another shitbag of a season from the Panthers.

#152 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,304 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

The problem there is that if we roll into next season with Rivera on that tight of a leash (and you would need to as his MO to date is to win when it doesn't matter) you've effectively tanked the entire season if he screws up. You may as well just keep him as a lame duck because you're not going to get a new, quality coach midway through the season. So add another year to that turnaround time while we get the pleasure of watching yet another shitbag of a season from the Panthers.

I'm just not into the musical chairs coaching carousel. In my opinion, a 7-9 season with an improvement toward the end of the season calls for one more year. I personally believe that Rivera and the gang will get it right on the third try. We know what makes this team tick, so stay with it at all times.

Pretty simple in my opinion.

There is only one coach out there that I personally think would be a better COACH than Rivera for the Panthers and that's David Shaw. I know most people don't like Rivera, but I'm under the impression that Rivera is a very in-house coach. He doesn't show much emotion unless he is really mad but in the locker room (in-house) he gets in his players face and tells it how it is. To me that is an admirable trait and I personally wouldn't mind seeing him roam the sidelines for at least one more year.

#153 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

I may be one of the few, but I agree with Scot on this one.

I sense a lot of people want to win right away, well there is more of a chance of that happening with a returning Rivera than it would with an entirely new staff, system, etc...

This very likely could be a three year process where Rivera and the Panthers finally get it right in the third year.

However, if the Panthers new GM decides to hire a completely new coaching staff that runs an entirely new system (pretty much everyone except Chip Kelly, Chip's offense is somewhat similar to our current one), then we are in another rebuilding mode, a.k.a another two more seasons before we are going to be a playoff team.

Give Rivera one more go at if the season starts off poorly (0-3, 0-4 etc...) just can him early.

heads up, your plan sucks

#154 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

heads up, your plan sucks

I'm guessing you don't coach, canning coaches after two years rarely works to the benefit of the team... see those Raiders you mentioned.

#155 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

I'm guessing you don't coach, canning coaches after two years rarely works to the benefit of the team... see those Raiders you mentioned.

neither does being content with your 1-12 in one score games head coach while opportunities pass you by

I'm guessing you weren't posting this crap when we were getting poo on in the 4th quarter nearly every single week earlier on in the season.

#156 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

neither does being content with your 1-12 in one score games head coach while opportunities pass you by

That leans more in the direction of Chud (you know the guy that calls the plays).

#157 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

That leans more in the direction of Chud (you know the guy that calls the plays).

And who's responsible for the coordinators?

#158 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

And who's responsible for the coordinators?

That's on Rivera, but once again don't be surprised if Chud is axed but Rivera stays.

#159 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

or maybe not when you let your offense get off the field on a 4th and 1 in atlanta territory

being this college football office manager you should know there's more to making decisions than just the calling the plays thing

#160 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

or maybe not when you let your offense get off the field on a 4th and 1 in atlanta territory

being this college football office manager you should know there's more to making decisions than just the calling the plays thing

We pinned them at the one, you can't look anyone in the eye and say that after we pinned them on the one yard line with no time outs and less than a minute to go that you didn't think we were going to win. That's all on Nakamura and the secondary there. Don't give me that horsesh*t.

#161 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

That's on Rivera, but once again don't be surprised if Chud is axed but Rivera stays.

So under Rivera the GM goes. Then the ST coach goes. Now you're saying the OC might go.

Who's left to blame once McDermott gets tossed under the bus week 5?

#162 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

We pinned them at the one, you can't look anyone in the eye and say that after we pinned them on the one yard line with no time outs and less than a minute to go that you didn't think we were going to win. That's all on Nakamura and the secondary there. Don't give me that horsesh*t.

Yea I'm sure Belichick's decision would've been exactly the same in that situation lol

#163 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

So under Rivera the GM goes. Then the ST coach goes. Now you're saying the OC might go.

Who's left to blame once McDermott gets tossed under the bus week 5?

Obviously Rivera, and at that point it's obviously on him.

The problem is, everyone seems to look at the worst case scenario, this team could easily be a playoff team this year with a few minor adjustments. Don't sacrifice an entire season next year for what possibly the season where Rivera finally gets it.

#164 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,304 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yea I'm sure Belichick's decision would've been exactly the same in that situation lol

And if he doesn't get it, then what happens? Same result? By the way it was closer to 4-2 than it was to 4-1.

#165 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

And if he doesn't get it, then what happens? Same result? By the way it was closer to 4-2 than it was to 4-1.

i bet that extra 14-25 inches would've been oh so terrifying for the mad genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com