#46 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,433 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Rivera deserves to be back and I really can't figure out why that is so hard for you guys to understand

#47 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

The Matt Moore of coaching staffs.

#48 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

He lost to the Chiefs and beat a Chargers team that gave up on the season 5 weeks ago

#49 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

This isn't the Raiders, we dont' give up on improving coaches in just 2 years of his first years as a Head Coach at any level. You may think they will be trying to get a GM that wants a new coach, but consider they may just want a GM that reflects Rivera wishes for personel(ie not having 30 LBs and RBs).

#50 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Rivera deserves to be back and I really can't figure out why that is so hard for you guys to understand

I don't understand where you're coming from.

Time and time again he has proven that he's terrible in late game, close score situations. That's where coaches truly earn their checks. Rivera has repeatedly failed in those situations.

#51 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Maybe it's because we watched good ole Ron along with his buddy Chud throw away our season before the bye week.

If JR hadn't been so pissed off that he fired Hurney, I don't have a doubt in my mind we would have continued running the same crap system all year.

That's why.

#52 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

He lost to the Chiefs and beat a Chargers team that gave up on the season 5 weeks ago

Wasnt it just last week the chargers dominated the Steelers in pittsburgh?

#53 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

It is funny how polarized so many people are about Rivera. Regardless of whether he stays or goes, the team is finally developing chemistry with backups making great plays. Reminds me a lot of 2004 again. Problem is that I seem to remember saying that last year as well.

#54 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 791 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

He just may have given himself one more year by the skin of his teeth...unless he blows it against the Raiders and the Saints.

I've been critical of his performance this year but if he can pull it off and win the rest of the season, I'd be comfortable with him staying another year. At the very least it gives the team some continuity, especially when the team is playing hard for him now.

#55 PantherKyle

PantherKyle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'd say yes if we had not fired Hurney. The new GM will acknowledge that the same thing happened last year. A new HC is coming.

#56 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I just hope Jerry puts the decision in the hands of the next GM and let's Accorsi do his thing in terms of finding that GM.

#57 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Is there any reason not to believe Rivera can bring the Defense to the highest level? Acknowledging Rivera has made terrible game decisions is something I can agree with....thinking that's going to define him is something I can't accept. Development happens...these players believe in him, it's too bad some don't see how very important that is, and how special that can be.

#58 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

1-12 in games decided by a TD or less...

#59 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Or we can sh***itcan him and start over.....no thanks. The Falcons beat the Giants 34-0 today......

#60 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

It's not just the record.

Like it or not, if they look like they're improving and finishing strong, it could do a lot to influence the decision.

if a Team finishes very strong, like we are now, and you fire the head coach you can end up doing a lot of unneeded damage to the team.

If we blow everyone out like we have been from here out I'd say Rivera has saved his Job.

What everyone needs to look at with Rivera is that this team clearly has not given up on him, he still has this team listening to him and Playing hard. they are building camaraderie and Rivera has their attention and respect, and the players right now are playing hard for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com