24 replies to this topic

#1 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Don't get me wrong .. I'm happy for the win .. but this is a HUGE problem considering the long term goals of this team!!

There's too much time remaining for this team to stop playing on offense .. FINISH THE GAME!

IMO they're too laxidasical which is a product of the management .. think about other great franchises and how they would play in the same situation and how they would finish

Good thing our D is still playing hard ..

Usually I'm very hesitant to criticize the Panthers .. but this is something that was driving me crazy watching this!

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,666 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

They're making first downs running. Why not keep it up?

Add in that we're taking lots of time off the clock.

#3 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

It's called Respect for an opponent. Especially with all the ties between both organizations.

#4 rdog157h

rdog157h

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

There is a point where it becomes out of reach. What good would passing do? Stop the clock on incomplete passes. I am happy Rivera showed killer instincts b4 the half.

#5 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

They're making first downs running. Why not keep it up?

They are now .. but they've been coasting since third quarter

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,666 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

There is a point where it becomes out of reach. What good would passing do? Stop the clock on incomplete passes. I am happy Rivera showed killer instincts b4 the half.

Yep. It's good strategy.

#7 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

having a killer instinct in this game is the same as beating a dead horse.

it's a waste of energy.

#8 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's 31-7 in the 4th.

What they're doing is working.

Cam is kinda hurt.

Continue playing consertive and just finish the game. Don't choke it, hurt cam, etc.

They're doing exactly what they should be doing.

#9 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's called Respect for an opponent. Especially with all the ties between both organizations.

This is exactly whats wrong with this team

you've gotta win in the NFL .. screw being the likable losers

respect would still be there .. all these coaches and teams completely understand what's on the line in every game .. I'd rather teams and coaches hate us and win .. just my opinion .. tired of losing!

#10 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,208 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

The game is over. It's been over since the end of the third. And we've destroyed them on the ground.

#11 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

We pinned SD ears back, run the ball to kill the clock, and let our pass rushers get after Rivers. Its not like we are only up by 6 points.

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,517 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Don't get me wrong .. I'm happy for the win .. but this is a HUGE problem considering the long term goals of this team!!

There's too much time remaining for this team to stop playing on offense .. FINISH THE GAME!

IMO they're too laxidasical which is a product of the management .. think about other great franchises and how they would play in the same situation and how they would finish

Good thing our D is still playing hard ..

Usually I'm very hesitant to criticize the Panthers .. but this is something that was driving me crazy watching this!

Shut up. We just ate like 8 minutes off the clock .That's how you win games. You don't have to run up the score when clearly the opponent has no chance of winning.

#13 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Shut up. We just ate like 8 minutes off the clock .That's how you win games. You don't have to run up the score when clearly the opponent has no chance of winning.

thx for chiming in Cletus

.. if you could read .. you would see I noticed they started running down the clock early in the 3rd

wanna know a better way to ensure you win? SCORE!

we play like we're trying to "escape" with a win .. no matter how bad Rivers is playing .. he can quickly put up 21 points on any team

but I guess you think those 7 games we lost by 7 points or less we played with killer instinct and just happen to lose?

#14 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

.. if you could read .. you would see I noticed they started running down the clock early in the 3rd

we play like we're trying to "escape" with a win .. no matter how bad Rivers is playing .. he can quickly put up 21 points on any team

It's a good thing we were up 24 points then yeah?

What we were doing was working. If we were going 3 and out for 3-4 possessions you would have a point, but we were moving the ball.

It doesn't matter what we should have done in some other potential scenario where we weren't moving the ball, because we were.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

but I guess you think those 7 games we lost by 7 points or less we played with killer instinct and just happen to lose?

Just when you think you have foubd the worst and most ridiculous poster....along come someone like you. Way to lower the bar even further.

Up 31-7 in the 4th you pound the rock and run out the clock. We were eating time in huge chunks.

Please stay with Madden...as it is clearly apparent that is where you learned about the game of football.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com