• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I didn't see this posted anywhere else and I think it's pretty awesome. During the game they showed that Cam now has the second most passing yards over his first two seasons, right behind Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning: 7874
Cam: 7502

So, with 372 yards to go, Cam has to make a 186+ yards for each of his next two games. Now with Cam only going below 200 yards once this year, I think it may be safe to say this is another one for the record books.

Posted Image

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Inb4 Andrew luck will shatter it

#3 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

until Luck breaks it next year......

#4 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

It's a possibility, the colts are more pass heavy than us. Meh, you never know, he might hit that sophomore slump. I'm still proud of our guy, even if it's a one season record.

#5 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,971 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Neck beard..probably will do it but Cam never led the league in ints..I like the overall TDS..who has come close in first two seasons on that??

#6 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Wow look at that. One minute.

#7 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I hate using total yards because they don't factor in if you got it from skill or because of sheer attempts.

Like last year. People kept bringing up 5,000 yards for Staff. Now not saying Staff is bad, but he was not efficient. He got those yards mainly because he threw a TON. He had a 7.6 Y/A, which is above average (is 6.7 this year, which is below average) but Cam was at 7.8. Reasonable to say Cam would have thrown for 5,000 too if he had thrown that much. Same with Luck. His Y/A is 7.1 That is not good at all.

IMO a more important statistic for me would be QBs with the best Y/A in first 2 seasons (so combined) min. 500 pass attempts. Cam would be 6th behind Roethlisberger, Warner, Marino, Tittle, and Rypien. 2 of those guys will be Hall of Famers. 2 of those guys ARE Hall of Famers. And Rypien was a pretty darn solid QB himself. So Y/A >>>> Bulk yardage.

And while it is still early so it might not stick (probably won't stick but it is interesting anyway), Cam right now would be 5th all-time in Y/A min. 500 pass attempts. Guys ahead of him? Otto Graham (HOFer), Sid Luckman (HOFer), Brocklin (HOFer), and Aaron Rodgers (barring injury, future HOFer). Y/A is probably the most underrated statistic in football. While it can be misleading in ways, just like ANY statistic, especially bulk passing yards, I'd say I value it a lot.

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Wow look at that. One minute.

The difference is some folks get mad about that but I don't. I don't care what records he gets or who likes or hates him. i am just happy we have a franchise quarterback.

#9 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,094 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

No matter how you slice it, Cam looks to be in good company.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

yep and that doesn't bother me at all. i knew he'd be good and i expected that if anyone were able to do that it would be him. doesn't mean luck is better, tho. he's better in some aspects but i still believe that cam's ceiling is higher and after watching him the past two years he's quite capable of reaching it.

luck is as good as i thought he would be coming into the league. cam is better than i thought he would be coming in. both are great and both will be considered among the best in the game for the better part of their 15+ year careers in the league.

i love who we have, but would have been happy with either. i would love to see them face each other in the superbowl and i expect to see them both there multiple times.

#11 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

yep and that doesn't bother me at all. i knew he'd be good and i expected that if anyone were able to do that it would be him. doesn't mean luck is better, tho. he's better in some aspects but i still believe that cam's ceiling is higher and after watching him the past two years he's quite capable of reaching it.

luck is as good as i thought he would be coming into the league. cam is better than i thought he would be coming in. both are great and both will be considered among the best in the game for the better part of their 15+ year careers in the league.

i love who we have, but would have been happy with either. i would love to see them face each other in the superbowl and i expect to see them both there multiple times.

Luck is overhyped garbage. Third best rookie QB this year, and he isn't really that close to the top 2 (Wilson and RG3)

Posted Image

#12 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,020 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

This was brought up after the CIN/PHI game: Dalton was 1 of 3 QBs to throw for 20 or more TDs in his 1st 2 years, Marino & P.Manning are the other 2. Cam threw 7 TDs last year & is up to 11 this season. He throws 1 TD in each reamaining game and he joins that group....

I was hopin Keuchly would break Willis' rookie tackling record, but I doubt it now. He needed almost 15 per game through the end of the year and he only got like 5 solos yesterday.... SD did a good job of stayin away from the kid....

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but he also broke the team record for most consecutive passes without an INT.

#14 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

This was brought up after the CIN/PHI game: Dalton was 1 of 3 QBs to throw for 20 or more TDs in his 1st 2 years, Marino & P.Manning are the other 2. Cam threw 7 TDs last year & is up to 11 this season. He throws 1 TD in each reamaining game and he joins that group....

I was hopin Keuchly would break Willis' rookie tackling record, but I doubt it now. He needed almost 15 per game through the end of the year and he only got like 5 solos yesterday.... SD did a good job of stayin away from the kid....

It's a shame he didn't start at MLB all season, he would have had that record for sure.

#15 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

No matter how you slice it, Cam looks to be in good company.

Sure and the good company is in good company with Cam at QB..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cam Newton, Peyton Manning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com