Photo
- - - - -

Disciplining a 15-yo..?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I like that idea...lock the phone down and install daily reminders/to do list.

#26 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I like that idea...lock the phone down and install daily reminders/to do list.

There you go.

Make having that phone a little more work and a little less fun.

I get meeting, e-mail, phone call, etc...reminders all day long and into the night.

Having my phone is not so fun to be honest.

#27 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Point well taken, thefuzz....

This is what I came up with, based on the good advice given:
As I said, I have the sim card from the phone. She can have the phone back tonight & if she figures out the issue then i will tell her that I took the sim card out & she can have it back. Then I will have a blond moment as I try to remember that I put it in my wallet. She can have it back tomorrow, if her attitude allows. I will let her know that the consequences will much, much more should this happen again.....

BIG, BIG thanks to biscuit, g5, big john, tehfuzz, Inimicus, MPF, char49er and the rest of yous... Wish there was more than pie & rep to show my appreciation. I owe yous a drink next time I see yous.....

The sim card is password protected, I cant get into it...

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

tough dynamic also with all those under one roof. been there before.

as long as the flow goes that its your casa and your rules, that should keep the structure in place. the tough part is the girl not being yours AND her age. double whammy.

at times, cabin fever can drive others a bit batty so at times you might have to be a hormonal/testosterone ref and sense when its time to move people around or just get them out of the house for a bit.

you, your wife, the mil and other sister need to be on the same page and that is tough sledding but if you can build that aliance, you stand a better chance with the teen.

good luck man

#29 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Threats are useless unless you plan on following through with them... You part Arabic? Talk to me...

I'm all American, I just have a helluva tan. There is a guy on here named Grits who could probably help you out though.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I don't agree at all with the sentiment that you can't punish her since she is not your kid. 15 year old living in my house means I can definitely punish her.

If this is a first offense, I would probably be relatively easy going, as your wife did. But make sure that she knows that if it happens again, punishment will be far more severe. And then if she does it again, ensure that you follow through on the threat. And by that, I mean grab the cellphone and smash it against a rock. Throw a fit, scare the crap out of her. Let her know you have a crazy side. :)