NRA's Official Recommendation - MOAR GUNZ!111

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Because it's cheaper and more effective to be proactive than reactive.

#17 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Because it's cheaper and more effective to be proactive than reactive.

*blinks*

Did someone take over Delhommey's account ?

:lol:

Pretty much every thread in the Tinderbox has been reactive against a school shooting.
Gun control was hardly even mentioned.
Even in the press.

Glad you are getting on board with the fact the Gov. is using this tragedy as a spring board for new regs that likely won't do a damn thing to prevent stuff like this from happening. :D

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Widespread school shootings are the direct result of cheap and easy to acquire firearms that require little to no personal responsibility (both financially and legally) to own. They get more press, but even worse are the daily instances of gun violence and accidental shootings that plague the United States unlike any other First World country.

I have not wavered on that.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,743 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Widespread school shootings are the direct result of cheap and easy to acquire firearms that require little to no personal responsibility (both financially and legally) to own. They get more press, but even worse are the daily instances of gun violence and accidental shootings that plague the United States unlike any other First World country.

I have not wavered on that.

Wrong again.

Widespread school shootings are because of mentally unstable people.

Banning guns will NOT make it more difficult to obtain them. If someone wants one, it will still be damn easy for them to obtain one.

It is easier for a teenager to get pot than it is beer....and one is banned and the other is not.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,186 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

wait so now the libs have a war on children?(rolls eyes) the logic doesnt make sense. guns at stadiums and other events etc where THOUSANDS of other adults are at and not easy to spot who has a gun.

at a school, its a handful of adults already there and should be much easier to police.

if anything, the short term solution with cops at schools seems the easiest to implement. but if we never do that we will never know if it will work.

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

- I HATE WASTING TAXPAYER MONEY MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!

- Then we're going to have to make you more responsible for your firearms and possibly inconvenience you.

- Maybe "hate" is a strong word...

I don't think that it is.

I am already responsible for and with my firearms.

Do you know that I had to register with the ATF when I bought a lower receiver for my AR?

Did you know that if it is used in a crime, that I am responsible?

Nope. You don't....you just want more regulation. Much of which is already in place.

End of the day....it's let's get rid of all, and that is why us psychos stand up.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Wrong again.

Widespread school shootings are because of mentally unstable people.

Banning guns will NOT make it more difficult to obtain them. If someone wants one, it will still be damn easy for them to obtain one.

It is easier for a teenager to get pot than it is beer....and one is banned and the other is not.

I have no desire to ban guns. You know that. You just want to try and change the subject.

I want gun owners to be legally and financially responsible for the guns and ammo that they own. I want gun manufacturers to be legally and financially responsible for the guns and ammo that they produce.

I do not want that responsibility hoisted onto other tax payers just because the gun lobby is good at bribing congress people.

#23 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,186 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

btw- Moar Gunz sounds like a late 80's metal/rap group

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I don't think that it is.

I am already responsible for and with my firearms.

Do you know that I had to register with the ATF when I bought a lower receiver for my AR?

Did you know that if it is used in a crime, that I am responsible?

Nope. You don't....you just want more regulation. Much of which is already in place.

End of the day....it's let's get rid of all, and that is why us psychos stand up.

Do you know in Texas, you don't even have to a state license whatsoever for a gun?

You can buy a handgun, rifle, or shotgun, and sell it to whomever you like so long as you don't suspect the person's going to do bad things with it (good luck).

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Do you know in Texas, you don't even have to a state license whatsoever for a gun?

You can buy a handgun, rifle, or shotgun, and sell it to whomever you like so long as you don't suspect the person's going to do bad things with it (good luck).

That's awesome. I am happy for Texas. That is how this country was founded, and exactly what the 10th amendment is all about.

However in NC, it ain't that way. I choose to live here because I love this state. However if we go full on nut job over this deal, strip all weapons that shoot more than 4 bullets in a row without reloading and ban all black guns, I may move to Texas.

Thank god I have that ability.

#26 strik9

strik9

Think before you post

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

I hope the next time any of you go camping, hiking, or bird watching you thank us gun owners. It's taxes (Pittman-Robertson Act) that we already pay for guns and ammo that help conserve habitat, and wildlife.

From Wiki...

Prior to the creation of the Pittman–Robertson Act, many species of wildlife were driven to or near extinction by hunting pressure, and/or habitat degradation from humans. The Act created an excise tax that provides funds to each state to manage such animals and their habitats. Notable species that have come back from the brink since the implementation of this act include white-tailed deer, wild turkey, and wood ducks.

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

NRA's suggestion..add one armed officer per school.

Crazy talk right?

#28 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I hope the next time any of you go camping, hiking, or bird watching you thank us gun owners. It's taxes (Pittman-Robertson Act) that we already pay for guns and ammo that help conserve habitat, and wildlife.

From Wiki...

Prior to the creation of the Pittman–Robertson Act, many species of wildlife were driven to or near extinction by hunting pressure, and/or habitat degradation from humans. The Act created an excise tax that provides funds to each state to manage such animals and their habitats. Notable species that have come back from the brink since the implementation of this act include white-tailed deer, wild turkey, and wood ducks.

So hunters were first largely unregulated and drove these animals to the point of extinction. Then government finally stepped in, imposed restrictions, required permits, and used the revenue to manage the wildlife and habitats, and now there's not a problem.

I wonder if there's anything we could learn from this...

#29 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

County I worked in already had an SRO in each school...

That said, if someone decided to show up out of the blue and start shooting the place up, they're still going to do significant damage even before an SRO can respond, potentially... Having an officer on-site certainly offers you a quicker response time, but of course it doesn't eliminate the danger...

#30 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

To be honest, I like the idea. I don't give a poo about the tax aspect. I think it would help with school shootings. The high school I went to got a resident cop the year after Columbine. I was gone by then but I never heard of any problems.

Would prefer they have tazers, though, rather than guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com