Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The GM Candidates

223 posts in this topic

Posted

By 'they' I'm guessing you mean Richardson and Morrison, maybe Accorsi.

Last two interview candidates in Beane and Paton. Paton might be flown in tomorrow, second interviews on Friday and Saturday (If needed) Then decision on Saturday or Monday.

Posted

Saving the best (Beene) for last? LOL.. the writing is on the wall. Yes Sir. Rivera's guy is someone whos on board with him for next year too... They are all brainwashed. I told myself a long time ago, never trust a business man with white socks...

Posted

Paton will be in town on Thursday.

A person familiar with the situation says the Carolina Panthers have interviewed New York Giants senior pro personnel analyst David Gettleman and Tennessee Titans vice president of player personnel Lake Dawson for their vacant general manager position, the Associated Press reports.

The person also says the Panthers are scheduled to meet with Minnesota Vikings assistant general manager George Paton on Thursday for the GM position. The person spoke to The Associated Press Wednesday on condition of anonymity because the Panthers have not made the interviews public.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/32062/Panthers-interview-2-more-GM-candidates/Default.aspx

Posted

I thought his first name was "Joe", not "The" :lol:

Posted

I thought his first name was "Joe", not "The" :lol:

LMAO. That was funny as hell for some reason.

On a serious note, Paton is the only one confirmed tomorrow. I think that Accorsi interviewed Beane during the season at some point. He might not interview this week.

Posted

DP

Posted

Dawson would be an excellent hire. My friends who work in the NFL think he's a great choice. Do you think there's any chance we keep Beane?

Posted

Dawson would be an excellent hire. My friends who work in the NFL think he's a great choice. Do you think there's any chance we keep Beane?

Not as GM.

Back in his old job, maybe.

Posted

AdamSchefter

Chargers hiring Tim Telesco as GM.

Posted

Well we can now close this one with Gettleman getting the Job officially.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

Gettleman got Accorsi's endorsement early > RT @Panthers: Dave Gettleman has been named the #Panthers general manager:http://pnth.rs/RGAM7Z

Joe Person@josephperson

Team not expected to formally introduce Gettleman until next week.

"I was very impressed with Dave's experience and think he will be a very good fit for our organization," Panthers Owner/Founder Jerry Richardson said. "He has an extensive background in personnel and comes from an organization in the New York Giants that I hold in high regard and played an instrumental role in their success."

Posted

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is that :D

Posted

Just goes to show how under wraps Richardson keeps this stuff. No one had any idea it'd be coming today.