79 replies to this topic

#16 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I want to know why Tommie Kelly gets nothing for slamming Cam's knee to the ground after the play. Thats the whole reason for Cam getting pissed and kicking him.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I want to know why Tommie Kelly gets nothing for slamming Cam's knee to the ground after the play. Thats the whole reason for Cam getting pissed and kicking him.

"Raiders will be Raiders" maybe.

Honestly, no idea.

#18 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

25k is a big fine too. Just doesn't make sense.

yeah and hardy only makes around 500,000 too so that's almost a game check for him.

#19 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

And you got this idiot on NFL network who, after watching the replay in plain sight, says Cam kicks him for no reason. I swear it's literally unbelievable how some of these guys are paid to talk sports when they are dumb as rocks.

#20 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

WTF how is Greg Hardy fined for being a fugging beast? That hit was legit. Almost too legit.

Posted Image

Oh man the expression on the kraken in that pic is hilarious

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Oh man the expression on the kraken in that pic is hilarious

Looks like he just took a shot to the seashells.

#22 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

The Hardy fine is unreal. Absolutely pitiful what this league is becoming.

He got fined for the sole reason that Palmer got injured because there sure as heck wasn't anything wrong with the hit.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,306 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Game is slowing eroding away

#24 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Wait, what?

$25k for a clean hit on the QB? I hope the team pays that. That's fuging absurd.

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,114 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I expected one for Hardy too, not that agree with it but that is the league now.

So how many Raiders were fined?

#26 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I have a feeling that these kind of situations have a way of working themselves out. We have guys like CJ making millions... probably has more money than he knows what to do with. I know that if I was in that room, we'd be passing a hat around and taking these fines as a team. Playing hard means wins. Sometimes playing hard means getting fined. Sometimes your boy getting fined means you step up and take care of it for him if you've got it like that. Especially the dude on the other end of your defensive line who has helped you rack up stats. I wouldn't lose much sleep over the fact that these are big fines. CJ probably drops more on the weekend at the club.

#27 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

You can't fine me, bro.

Posted Image

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,915 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

The Hardy hit was the most obvious penalty and fine of the whole game. Easy penalty and easy fine. I can't imagine how you can argue that was a clean hit. It was an AWESOME hit but also the definition of the rule below. Plus it has been called all year.

http://espn.go.com/b...ssary-roughness

(f) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures, including but not limited to:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face with the helmet or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; or

(2) Lowering the head and violently or unnecessarily making forcible contact with the “hairline” or forehead part of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body; or

(3) “Launching” (springing forward and upward) into a defenseless player, or otherwise striking him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet or facemask to forcibly strike the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the defenseless player’s neck. (Examples: a defender buries his facemask into a defenseless player’s high chest area, but the defender’s trajectory as he leaps into the defenseless player causes the defender’s helmet to strike the defenseless player violently in the head or face; or a defender, using a face-on posture or with his head slightly lowered, hits a defenseless player in an area below the defenseless player’s neck, then the defender’s head moves upward, resulting in strong contact by the defender’s mask or helmet with the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face [an example is the so-called “dip and rip” technique]).

Probably worth it though.

Posted Image

#29 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think the fine system is way out of hand. However, if you want it to be fair, fine the players percentages of game checks. I thought Thomas was going to be fined. $20k to him is huge, while a player like Charles Johnson can pull it out of petty cash. What this is creating--and I wonder if it did not impact Sherrod Martin, who was fined a few times as a rookie, is a league of entitlement--where the high-paid players can play with reckless abandon, and sixth-round players on rookie contracts have to back off.

#30 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Just saw a replay of that the aftermath of Kelly's hit on Cam and I hope Kelly gets what is coming to him. Somehow I missed how blatant his "slam knee into the ground" was. What kind of poo for brains goes at a players knee? If we play the Raiders again, I wanna see him get fuged up. That was complete bullshit on his part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com