84 replies to this topic

#76 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,371 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

wow. spare us really mad. not really mad sounds pretty serious to me.

I hope they do not hire Beane just to save your sanity because it sounds like you might pop if it were to happen.

I don't generally lose my temper over football team decisions.

It'd definitely make me question the intelligence of the people making the decision, though.

That'd easily be the dumbest move this franchise ever made.

#77 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm just going off of the Panther.com article from earlier this year. Beane was doing more then just logistics, he was helping Hurney with pretty much everything but the cap. His interview with the site, he even says I've got experience doing all of this so I'm not worried is on there.

I still don't think he gets the job, but he's definitely an option. He'll probably end up staying on as the Assistant GM to be honest.

#78 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

keep beane for cap managing, daily activities, then hire a VP to do all the draft descisions, free agent signings? You could say that Hurney always had too much on his plate.

#79 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,371 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'm just basing this off of the Panther.com article from earlier this year. Beane was doing more then just logistics, he was helping Hurney with pretty much everything but the cap. His interview with the site, he even says I've got experience doing all of this so I'm not worried is on there.

I still don't think he gets the job, but he's definitely an option. He'll probably end up staying on as the Assistant GM to be honest.

He wasn't the assistant GM before. More like "an assistant to the GM". Essentially an administrative assistant.

My guess? I'd say he likely goes back to being that.

#80 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

He wasn't the assistant GM before. More like "an assistant to the GM". Essentially an administrative assistant.

My guess? I'd say he likely goes back to being that.

He didn't have the title, but the way the Panther's website makes it sound is that he was Hurney's right hand man and didn't just handle the logistics side of things and that he was the assistant GM to Hurney in everything but title and his eventual replacement.

like I said though, I'm just going off of the Panther.com article and his Interview with the CO newspaper.

#81 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,371 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

He didn't have the title, but the way the Panther's website makes it sound is that he was Hurney's right hand man and didn't just handle the logistics side of things and that he was the assistant GM to Hurney in everything but title and his eventual replacement.

like I said though, I'm just going off of the Panther.com article and his Interview with the CO newspaper.

From the Observer (link)

Beane has gone from handling budgets and overseeing the equipment, video and team operations to watching film with coach Ron Rivera, talking with teams about possible trades and making decisions that will shape the Panthers’ immediate future.

Even the Panthers.com article only says he's assisting Rivera and the other departments, not making the decisions. Final decision on personnel was Rivera's.

#82 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,873 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

After 14 seasons, Andy Reid's tenure has come to its inglorious end in Philadelphia, according to several reports. League sources tell CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that the official announcement will come Monday.

Black Monday starts

#83 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Black Monday starts

Reid is also already putting a staff together as well, at least according to sources that ESPN used for a recent article.

http://espn.go.com/n...-eagles-sources

#84 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yea, I saw that part in the articles too. He was just talking like he was expected to take over for Hurney and on the Panther.com article he states he has experience doing all of the scouting, cap management and everything else that was added to his plate.

#85 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,371 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yea, I saw that part in the articles too. He was just talking like he was expected to take over for Hurney and on the Panther.com article he states he has experience doing all of the scouting, cap management and everything else that was added to his plate.

The Panthers.com article is a tad vague about exactly what he did before, and probably deliberately so.

The Observer has no reason to be.

Black Monday starts

You should start a new thread for that.

Probably more news like that to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com