HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

he still has to be cut

#32 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

my problem has never been with deangelo's abilities...his contract is horrible...he needs to restructure or be cut...simple as that

#33 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

my problem has never been with deangelo's abilities...his contract is horrible...he needs to restructure or be cut...simple as that

People struggle with that. It isn't about Williams as a stand alone RB.

About his contract and our depth. Age factors in but that is more in regards to our long term planning.

#34 ckroush

ckroush

ROOKIE

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

It will be interesting to hear the Deangelo haters suddenly reverse their opinion after he's gone. How many seasons of JStew sitting out 4 to 6 games before they start the "I told ya so" nonsense? I personally cannot wait until next season so I can sitting around waiting for the injury report every week. Should be a real hoot.

#35 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

RIP read option

#36 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Keep D'Lo restructured....let him retire here....win-win...he's an anomily....I think he's got another year in the tank...at least

#37 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

It will be interesting to hear the Deangelo haters suddenly reverse their opinion after he's gone. How many seasons of JStew sitting out 4 to 6 games before they start the "I told ya so" nonsense? I personally cannot wait until next season so I can sitting around waiting for the injury report every week. Should be a real hoot.

Um, Williams has rushed for an average of 40 yards a game in the Newton era.

It isn't as if we cut him and only have Stewart and Tolbert. You replace Williams with a new body. One that FITS what they want. They demoted him essentially twice in two years for a reason. His production simply hasn't been much....he is very much replaceable at a better cost.

But lets keep the expense square peg luxury.....

#38 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

RIP read option

RG and Cam have proven it works. Best ground attacks the past 2 consecutive seasons have mixed it in.

A game against the worst D in NFL history doesn't change that

#39 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Um, Williams has rushed for an average of 40 yards a game in the Newton era.

It isn't as if we cut him and only have Stewart and Tolbert. You replace Williams with a new body. One that FITS what they want. They demoted him essentially twice in two years for a reason. His production simply hasn't been much....he is very much replaceable at a better cost.

But lets keep the expense square peg luxury.....

So has Stewart, his average is barely over 40 yards per game rushing, while Williams is sitting around 48 yards per game. Neither one of them has been absolutely spectacular over the last 32 games with Newton. Both had down years this season and had pretty decent-good years last season considering they split carries.

I however agree that Williams will be gone though, he pretty much has to be cut because of his contract.

#40 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

If we are only going off production, you would cut Deangelo AND Stewart. Panthers are paying both guys like they are top 5 running backs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users