• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 wcuCATZ

wcuCATZ

• LocationAsheville
ROOKIE

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Cam has a slight stutter.

When talking in front of a room full of people, lots of people have slight stutters.

#42 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

I want to give a quick story about being well spoken in those types of situations.

I like to think that I am at best moderately intelligent and at worst just not a complete fugging idiot. IRL I am a pretty confident person who is fairly gregarious and I am not shy about being in front of people.

In high school I was a pretty good basketball player. Good enough for WRAL (local news station here in Raleigh) to come out and do a feature on me. The local sports anchor and I got together to do an pre-taped interview for the evening news.

Welp, they put a camera about a foot away from my face and throw a microphone a couple of inches away from my mouth and ask me some silly little simple question. And all I provided was a long, protracted, awkward silence. I just could not form any coherent thought. The news anchor cut and said "Don't worry. Just relax. When we edit it you will sound fine" It didn't help much. He asked questions and I pretty much sputtered out sentence fragments for the entire interview. Luckily the anchor was a man of his word and once edited it was at least passable for the evening news.

As I went through college and did more and more interviews I eventually got better at them. But people underestimate how hard it is to go out there and form intelligent, thoughtful answers right there on the spot. Thank God my interview was not live or else people would have wondered how I was passing any of my classes in high school.

So basically, being well spoken is overrated. I try to listen to what people are saying, not how they are saying it. I have met well spoken idiots and shy geniuses. The content is more important than the delivery.

#43 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Jerry Richardson is a horrible public speaker, so much so he goes out of his way to do as little as possible. I think he sets a great example for Cam.

#44 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

LOL it's always something...

"Damnit, Cam won so he isn't sad or moping, what can I bash him for?....ah! He stuttered! Stutterer! Is Cam illiterate??"

#45 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

LOL it's always something...

"Damnit, Cam won so he isn't sad or moping, what can I bash him for?....ah! He stuttered! Stutterer! Is Cam illiterate??"

It speaks to a bigger problem that some of our fanbase just cant accept our QB for who he is. When Jake, Jimmy, & Matt were our QBs a lot less attention was paid to their press conferences and people really didnt care. They accepted them for who they were despite their lack of talent and judged them on performance ONLY.

#46 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

We all know what the real issue is. Not worth getting into another worthless debate over it resulting someone getting banned.

Lets just enjoy finishing the season strong and our franchise QB beating the golden boy brees in his smelly ass dome.

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Speaking with a camera on you is nerve racking. Easy for people who have never done it to ridicule you. Just like everything else, lack of insight doesn't stop anyone from sharing their worthless opinion.

#48 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Thread title is misleading. Thought this was going to be a good thread. =\

#49 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Some of you are working far to hard on finding a reason to be offended on someone else's behalf...

#50 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Some of you are working far to hard on finding a reason to be offended on someone else's behalf...

Oh man. So true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users