#91 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hey guys, guess what?

The vast majority of the players on the 53 man roster have not come out in public support of Rivera, so it's clear they do not want him back.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it? No more stupid than saying he has the full support of the players when 5 or 6 have made positive comments.

#92 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,567 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

but there you are constantly going into threads and trashing others' opinions

are you related to pantherclaw somehow?

If by responding with what I believe in and personal attacks are the same thing, then I am incredibly sorry.

#93 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hey guys, guess what?

The vast majority of the players on the 53 man roster have not come out in public support of Rivera, so it's clear they do not want him back.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it? No more stupid than saying he has the full support of the players when 5 or 6 have made positive comments.

The vast majority of the 53 players on the roster don't see significant time. The guys that do see significant time and are paid the most money want to see him return.

How are you going to argue with a player in the organization?

#94 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,417 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

If it was an immediate success then why did it take 8 years to win the war?

Because there's no play clock in my job, you frigging idiot. 1 war, one win.

Seriously, what exactly is your education? Whether it be by book or by reality- you just don't seem to be very bright. I'm not a personally confrontational person, especially on an internet message board, but for someone to try to illustrate themself as intellectually superior to anyone who will listen while at the same time making one false assumption after another... it simply doesn't align.

#95 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,825 posts

Why would you fire a coach after one year?

That is one of the most illogical things I have ever heard...

He's proven he can take the greatest rookie performance in the history of the National Football League and not even get close to scratching the Playoffs.
And then follow it up with a 3900 yard, 19 TD performance and not even scratch close to the Playoffs.

He's proven he is not the right choice for the job.

Meanwhile Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III head towards the Playoffs.

#96 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

I would think he is safe. However if ther is a guy the Panthers really want, I think they would explore it.

#97 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,278 posts

The vast majority of the 53 players on the roster don't see significant time. The guys that do see significant time and are paid the most money want to see him return.

Easy...

By pointing to the fact that they all wanted Hurney to stay as well.

That's all the validation I need to know that these guys aren't very intelligent and their opinions should count very little.

Hell the new GM is going to have to gut a lot of this team anyway just for cap reasons, so in a large way some of those guys opinions won't matter as they will be on a new team.

#98 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

There are 22 starters any given week. 5 or 6 do not constitute a significant group.

And for your earlier post, yes, of course you are entitled to your opinion, and it has just as much validity as any other poster on here. The problem comes in when you play the whole, "hey guys, I work in major college football, so that means my opinions have more value". That is the problem.

#99 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Because there's no play clock in my job, you frigging idiot. 1 war, one win.

Seriously, what exactly is your education? Whether it be by book or by reality- you just don't seem to be very bright. I'm not a personally confrontational person, especially on an internet message board, but for someone to try to illustrate themself as intellectually superior to anyone who will listen while at the same time making one false assumption after another... it simply doesn't align.

There is also more than a two year play clock for a head coach. You do realize Andy Reid was just fired today, Lovie Smith just might get this offseason today, coaching is a job that takes time. You are still avoiding the actual conversation, why do you fire a coach after two seasons?

#100 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

There are 22 starters any given week. 5 or 6 do not constitute a significant group.

And for your earlier post, yes, of course you are entitled to your opinion, and it has just as much validity as any other poster on here. The problem comes in when you play the whole, "hey guys, I work in major college football, so that means my opinions have more value". That is the problem.

Five or six of the most important players on the roster though. CJ, Olsen, Smith etc. If Smitty had a say in Davidson's job, he may have a say in Rivera's.

Also a lot of those 22 starters might not even be on the team next year, but the one's speaking our for Rivera most certainly will.

#101 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

After tonight, 6 rookie or 2nd year QB's from the last 2 drafts will be playing in the post season. We have arguably the best QB of the QB's that have come out in the last 2 years, and yet we are sitting at home.

Great coaching, Ron.

#102 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Our teams biggest weakness is honestly being weak from having Hurney in charge.

#103 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,567 posts

Easy...

By pointing to the fact that they all wanted Hurney to stay as well.

That's all the validation I need to know that these guys aren't very intelligent and their opinions should count very little.

Hell the new GM is going to have to gut a lot of this team anyway just for cap reasons, so in a large way some of those guys opinions won't matter as they will be on a new team.

For different reasons though, they liked Hurney because of the money he gave out.

Why do you think CJ went to twitter on a foolish rampage, my guess is that it was because Hurney broke the bank for him.

#104 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Leslie Frazier went from 3-13 to 10-6 and the playoffs with Christian Ponder
Jim Harbaugh took the 49ers from 6-10 to 13-3 and now 11-4-1 with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick

Pat Shurmur, Mike Munchak, Hue Jackson, Ron Rivera...these were bad hires. Jackson was fired, Shurmur is on his way out, Munchack had a winning record last year. That leaves Rivera, another coach with losing records in his first two seasons. Why should you get to keep your job after that? ESPECIALLY considering he has arguably a top 10 QB in the league.

#105 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

After tonight, 6 rookie or 2nd year QB's from the last 2 drafts will be playing in the post season. We have arguably the best QB of the QB's that have come out in the last 2 years, and yet we are sitting at home.

Great coaching, Ron.

Two more seasons wasted.
No excuses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com