Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demarcus Cousins to Charlotte?

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm talking about the pick we got from Detroit in the BG8 trade.

Here are our outstanding trades...

[b]Outgoing: [/b]

Bulls receive the Bobcats' 2012 first-round pick (top 14 protected in 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) (Tyrus Thomas Trade)

Rockets receive the Bobcats' 2013 second round pick. (via OKC and Boston) (Byron Mullens Trade)

Spurs receive the Bobcats' 2016 second-round pick (top 55 protected, or extinguished) (Theo Ratliff Trade)

[b]Incoming[/b]

Bobcats receive the Blazers' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace Trade)

Bobcats receive the Pistons 2013 first-round pick (lottery protected in 2013, top 8 protected in 2014, top 1 protected in 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Corey Maggette Trade)

Posted · Report post

We can trade away incoming picks so I say give them Detroit's because that one won't be seen until 2015 as where the Bobcats might have an opportunity for two picks in the lottery with Charlotte slotted at four and Portland slotted at 15.

Right now, the Bobcats would currently hold the fourth pick (unless the balls bounced are way) and the 15th pick.

Trade away Mullens, Hendo, and the Detroit pick for Cousins then draft a stud shooting guard with the fourth pick and power forward depth with the 15th pick and we're playoff bound.

Posted · Report post

I don't think there's any way the Kings take an offer that doesn't have MKG or Kemba in it. It said the trade would be "hard to turn down". Mullens and Gerald Henderson plus a pick that'll be in the late lottery don't scream "hard to turn down".

Posted · Report post

I think it's another unfounded rumor. Bonnell pretty much shot down this rumor and says Amico is throwing stuff out there and seeing what sticks.

Posted · Report post

No way only Mullens/Henderson and a pick or anything along those lines gets Cousins. The Kings are dumb, but not that damn dumb.

They have too many guards already, so why would they want Kemba? And the Bobcats aren't getting rid of MKG. That leaves Bismack as an okay trade piece and basically nothing. It would have to be multiple picks and maybe a player or two to make any sense for the Kings.

Posted · Report post

cousins is a fuging headcase thug

keep him away from our young guys at all cost. the guy defines locker room cancer

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmittyistheGOAT' timestamp='1356977864' post='2070359']
cousins is a fuging headcase thug

keep him away from our young guys at all cost. the guy defines locker room cancer
[/quote]

I kinda agree. But when he does mature (and I think he will) he is going to be a star.

Posted · Report post

Don't know if this guy is credible, but if this is true, I don't want any part of going after Cousins...

[quote]A.Levy ‏@ALEVYWORLD

The Charlotte Bobcats made a offer for Demarcus Cousins. Rumored to be Kemba, Biyambo, and a 1st rd pick. [/quote]

And then there's this...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/kings-gm-says-demarcus-cousins-not-on-trade-block/

Posted · Report post

Cousins can ball but let's be honest here: It's just a matter of time before he gets arrested. I predict a gun charge or smacking around a baby momma is in his not so distant future.

Also, if he did come here and behave off the court, how long would it take before he got upset with the coaching?

He'd be an answer to prayers though inside for the Hornets 2.0

Posted · Report post

LMAO yeah the guy with 3,000 followers who is constantly trying to sell his beats is totally credible

Posted · Report post

I doubt it's credible, but any offer to get Cousins will have to include Kemba or the 2014 1st rounder. Essentially, he's not coming here.

We could be nice trade partners in a 3 team trade of some sort with bad/expiring contracts and picks, but the pickings are slim as far as valuable players go.

Posted · Report post

I would love to add Cousins to this team, but not yet. His value is too high right now because he is still really young and on a rookie contract. Wait until he signs a big contract somewhere else, then trade for him when his value is low as an overpriced headache- the Zach Randolph strategy if you will