31 replies to this topic

#16 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Old Spice and Under Armour in the same market.

#17 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

We're already 16 million over the cap next year.

Who would you like to cut to get him?

The Panthers are in Cap Hell next season! Who would want to step in as GM and have to face getting rid of Verterans and renegotiating just about everyone's salary?

Mudderlin (sp) is most likely gone. (Which might not be a bad thing. From what I watched, he gets a many penalties as he makes good plays.) The Panthers are going to have to replace Vets with Rookies. Stewart or Williams won't be back next season. That won't help a 7-9 team!

#18 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm kind of worried about Stew's durability. but at least we can pick up a cheap rb that can do most of what we need in our offense.

but D-Will is probably gone unless he really takes a huge paycut, which makes me very sad.

other vets will be gone, too... team could be a lot worse next year depending on how we draft.

#19 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

huddle's
Just kidding

lol, I even proofread that post. I'm usually not one to correct spelling and such, but as Mr. Scott said, the whole resign/re-sign thing can be confusing.

In regard to the thread, I would rather draft WRs and maybe get proven FA help for other needs.

#20 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Well my first step would be cutting gross, that would free up money so we could splurge and then draft a LT with our first pick.

with all the fat contracts we have.....you would cut Gross first? Gross is at least good (not what he was), plays every down and above all is versatile if need be. If there is one place we should perhaps waste a little money it is on our OL.

Cam needs better G play more so than T play. Gs getting blown up creates more issues than when a T does for him.

#21 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

with all the fat contracts we have.....you would cut Gross first? Gross is at least good (not what he was), plays every down and above all is versatile if need be. If there is one place we should perhaps waste a little money it is on our OL.

Cam needs better G play more so than T play. Gs getting blown up creates more issues than when a T does for him.

Gross and Gambles fat contracts save us the most money, so yes they are the first two to go!

#22 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Cut Gross, Gamble, Dwill, Beason, and Anderson? Thank the football gods Hurney isn't here now. Armanti would be getting a 5 year 40 million $ contract today

#23 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

lol, I even proofread that post. I'm usually not one to correct spelling and such, but as Mr. Scott said, the whole resign/re-sign thing can be confusing.

In regard to the thread, I would rather draft WRs and maybe get proven FA help for other needs.

I am a former English teacher, so I see it all the time---I appreciate your efforts. I laugh a lot because people on here, attempting to flaiunt supreme intelligence, butcher the language making illogical points. Oh well --about the topic--I would love a Stud WR, but I think the OL comes first. That is not to disagree with you, conisidering free agency is done went by before the draft is done gone.

(Thought you would like that)

#24 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,698 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Would he fit well? I know he's dope but he's a natural slot receiver don't we want a outside the numbers deep threat to move smith in the slot? Just a question

#25 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Jennings is rad. Bowe is rad. Wallace is rad. I just doubt we can afford the cream of the crop FA WRs. I really coveted VinnyJ last year, but I knew that was a pipe dream... We're going to have to rely on the draft and the further development of LaFell. Hopefully Gettis buys RR some chocolates (if RR is still around) so we can see what we have in him. AE, Murphy, Adams and Pilares are all expendable. Danny Amendola and Donnie Avery might be the only realistic FA's worth a look.

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,676 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

if jennings wants to play with cam newton he'll be here. we are strapped but with the right cuts and restructures we'll have room for at least one marquee signing.

#27 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,914 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Do not want.

#28 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Do not want.

Please do elaborate. I'm torn on Jennings. I think the man has talent, and I wear old spice. But he is very close to 30 and will be coming off of a very injury plagued year.

#29 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,914 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Please do elaborate. I'm torn on Jennings. I think the man has talent, and I wear old spice. But he is very close to 30 and will be coming off of a very injury plagued year.

In my perspective. The guy has been overrated. Had or has the drops, haven't check on his stats about that, but he did suffer from that. he's on the wrong side of 30, is about to be. Personally think he was a great beneficiary of an amazing WR corps that the Packers have. Take Jennings away and the Packers are still an offensive power house. Nelson, Jones, Recent star Cobb and someone else that I'm probably forgetting. Their TE is meh.

There's always the injury thing, he doesn't seem to have a full season. Much like nelson as well, but Nelson has more potential imo.

Put him in our offense, he would help, but how reliable would he really be? Would he truly be a #1 in our offense? I'm willing to say he wouldn't be. Borderline 1-2.

Compared to other WR's that may hit the market or are going to hit the market, there's other choices that could be made. But truly in the end, our cap situation is so fubar that we wouldnt' be able to afford him.

#30 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

He is at his best as a slot receiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com