1025 replies to this topic

#736 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

If anyone wants a good read on why the Jets are so messed up, here's one for you. Those that don't want to read it, here's a tidbit that will make you laugh.

http://www.nfl.com/n...r_writers_jones

Ryan also went on vacation, to the Bahamas, where he claims to have had an epiphany. The problem with theJets' offense, he decided, is that he has not left his imprint on it.

How can that possibly be true after four years?

"That's a great question," Ryan said. "I think I just have failed in that area."

Johnson nodded and smiled at both the question and the answer. Ryan went on to say he's always wanted an "all-weather offense," not necessarily "ground and pound." He wants unpredictable. He wants attack mode.

He mentioned running the pistol. Yes, the pistol. The new offensive coordinator, whoever he is, has been warned.

These are the New York Jets, who defy NFL convention.

#737 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

From the same article, owner Woody Johnson on whether he considered firing Rex Ryan...

"No," Johnson said, "I never considered that because my confidence in him as a coach obviously gives me the confidence to keep him as a coach."

(If you need a moment to reread that sentence, we understand.)

:blink:

#738 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

From the same article, owner Woody Johnson on whether he considered firing Rex Ryan...

I know, I've been laughing since I read it. They couldn't pay me enough to go be the GM there with those two goofballs. I can see Gamble getting in there for the interview and seeing the goofiness of of it all and intentionally flunking that interview. lmao.

#739 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

LOL Yogi Berra, is that you?

#740 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

LOL Yogi Berra, is that you?

If they asked Yogi about Woody Johnson, I think he'd say "i don't understand that guy."

I know, I've been laughing since I read it. They couldn't pay me enough to go be the GM there with those two goofballs. I can see Gamble getting in there for the interview and seeing the goofiness of of it all and intentionally flunking that interview. lmao.

Speculation was that the Jags weren't going to pay Caldwell what he wanted and so he went to New York, but then right after his interview he headed back to Jacksonville and a deal was done fairly shortly thereafter.

Hard not to wonder if the Jets might have scared him into taking less than he initially asked for from Jacksonville :lol:

#741 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Today's "New of the Weird" courtesy of Ian Rapoport (a story that surprisingly doesn't involve the Jets).

Regarding Todd Haley, a source with the Steelers said he's interviewing for the Cardinals head coaching job today.

Haley's agent, however, has said that he's not doing any interviews and is happy where he is.

Asked about the story, the Arizona Cardinals had no comment.

The hell... :blink:

Update: Per Ed Bouchette, Art Rooney says Todd Haley is interviewing with the Cardinals, even though Haley's agent says he's not.

Cue Vince Lombardi, "What the hell is going on around here?" :unsure:

(and somewhere, Ben Roethlisberger is repeating "please be true, please be true")

#742 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Update: Per Ed Bouchette, Art Rooney says Todd Haley is interviewing with the Cardinals, even though Haley's agent says he's not.

Cue Vince Lombardi, "What the hell is going on around here?" :unsure:

(and somewhere, Ben Roethlisberger is repeating "please be true, please be true")

LMAO, haha.....

Todd Haley tried to take a secret trip to Arizona and it got blown out of the water mid flight. lmao This poo is great. Screw HBO's show during the season, they should like fly around and film this type of poo. Much better entertainment, unless the Jets are on again. lol

#743 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

AdamSchefter
Chargers hiring Tim Telesco as GM.

#744 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

A potential "connect the dots, la la la" (but not the obvious one) in San Diego's HC search - Telesco and Greg Roman were college mates.

#745 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Fwiw Jason laCanfora had a interview on the radio and says that he talked to his would be coaching staff. His ideal job was to come to Carolina Panthers but he pretty much wanted a lot of control

#746 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Not who I want but it was still interesting

#747 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Fwiw Jason laCanfora had a interview on the radio and says that he talked to his would be coaching staff. His ideal job was to come to Carolina Panthers but he pretty much wanted a lot of control

Wait. Who? What?

What coaching staff are you talking about?? Can you re-phrase this post for us stupid people.

#748 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Regarding the Chargers head coaching search, L A Times believes Mora will stay at UCLA.

That is good for he Chargers IMO. Mora has been great at UCLA but he totally fugged up the Atlanta Falcons. He might be one of those guys who is better suited for college.

#749 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Wait. Who? What?

What coaching staff are you talking about?? Can you re-phrase this post for us stupid people.

NFL Network's La Canfora just reported that he spoke with representatives of John Gruden and his would-be coaching staff, and he was holding out for the Carolina Panthers job. Said he already developed a Chip Kelly type playbook for the Panthers offense. Wanted to choose his own GM.

Yet we keep Rivera.....what a joke.

#750 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

This > The Drive@thedrivenc
LaCanfora on John Gruden: "People told me that the one coaching job that would have really gotten him excited was Carolina."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com