Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many fights

32 posts in this topic

Posted

this is by far the most retarded reason to be a steve smith detractor by the way

I dont know who is detracting - but it isnt me -

I counting down the days till he retires- and not in a jubulant way.

Posted

We were lucky....He often got in pointless scuffles at meaningful times in games.

I still find it amusing his lack of control is celebrated. It is more stupid than anything. He completely took himself out of the game and hurt us vs. Seattle.

On the other hand I remember one game he won for us against the falcons by getting in a cb s head and getting 45 yards in penalties assessed against them.

Posted

Smitty had a holding penalty last week against the Raiders that I will never EVER forget

DeAngelo had a 70+ yd run for a TD that got called back and it ended up costing me a loss in my fantasy championship! I lost by 3 points... That run alone was worth 13 points... Smh I knew I lost as soon as that happened and it was the second play from scrimmage that Sunday.

I love Smitty and always will, but I won't forget that. And as per the subject I remember him getting at least 2 calls against him for his jawing. Again, I love his fire and he's a first ballot HOFer in my eyes

Posted

I think we can all agree that over the years Smitty has given this team a hell of a lot more than hes taken or been given back.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Steve knows he's at the "end of the tunnel"and wants to go out fighting..... knock em dead, Steve

Posted

Did he ever get a penalty? I don't remember one.

Probably not. He knows when to backoff

Posted

Posted

If he doesnt get a statue at BOA someday I dont know who else ever will again

Posted

On the other hand I remember one game he won for us against the falcons by getting in a cb s head and getting 45 yards in penalties assessed against them.

That was DeAngelo Hall. Back-to-back penalties netting Carolina 67 yards in the third quarter of the Week 3 Falcons game in 2007.

Worst part of that was Smith was playing hurt in that game and had but one catch for 10 yards.

Posted

That attitude is the one thing we missed with Shockey being gone. We have it in spades on D.

Posted

If SS had trained MMA, he would have been a bad dude. Lets see... Smitty is 185 so he would have to fight Anderson Silva, uhm, that wouldnt turn out so good for Smitty.

1 person likes this

Posted

he fought vontae davis, richard sherman, and whoever that mack scrub was

not sure about others