Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeAndre Hopkins

83 posts in this topic

Posted

The distinction of being a starter is earned early on, not in the last game due to injury.

The distinction of being a starter is if you start a game.

Sunday at New Orleans Austin was the starting LG of the Carolina Panthers. I was projecting. Just stating a fact about a Clemson player playing in the NFL.

Posted

You have to remember that Sammy Watkins took some attention away from Hopkins this season though.

Sammy had a horrible year. He was suspended for the first two games of the year and then dealt with a nasty stomach bug for a while. He never got on track this season. I love Watkins but he didn't do squat to help out Hopkins this year. Hopkins got the chance to be the lead dog for Clemson and ran with it.

Posted

Just because Watkins had a bad year doesn't mean he didn't draw attention away from Nuk, if anything it semi proves my point.

Posted

in the games Sammy didnt play he produced just as much, if not better. vs Auburn he had 13 catches for 119 yards and a TD.the following game vs Ball St he had 6 catches for 105 yards and 3 TDs.vs BC 11 catches 197 yards and a TD. he had 20 catches over 20 yards as well.

Posted

I love him!

Posted

Wanted him since I saw him play in high school. Not in the first round though. Need an OL there.

Posted

When was the last time Clemson put out a quality player? Brian Dawkins?

CJ Spiller

Posted

Dumb comment

True comment.

There are scouts who have publicly said they shy away from Clemson recruits because they're overhyped out of school and don't pan out in the NFL.

Don't want. Taking a Clemson WR is like the Panthers taking a USC WR.

Posted

There are scouts that believe in l Ron hobbard.

Only an idiot would poo poo the idea of drafting nuk or watkins

Posted

There are scouts that believe in l Ron hobbard.

Only an idiot would poo poo the idea of drafting nuk or watkins

Only an acc homer would poo poo the idea of poo pooing the idea of drafting them.

There's a lot you can do in the acc that you can't in the NFL because of competition. Wouldn't touch either in the first round.

Don't be the idiot.

Posted

If he's somehow available at #46, it would be criminal to pass him up.

Warmack/Hopkins in the first two rounds would be amazing. I'd even be willing to entertain the idea of Hopkins in the 1st (if he kills it at the Senior Bowl and Combine to raise up as the #1 or #2 WR in the draft) and Kyle Long in the 2nd. I think that a lot of folks in Clemson overlooked Hopkins in favor of Watkins, when Hopkins has continued to make plays throughout.

Posted

Only an acc homer would poo poo the idea of poo pooing the idea of drafting them.

There's a lot you can do in the acc that you can't in the NFL because of competition. Wouldn't touch either in the first round.

Don't be the idiot.

what about what he did vs the SEC? without Sammy playing on the other side as well.

1 person likes this