Photo
- - - - -

If you only get to watch one Twilight Zone during a marathon tomorrow. Make sure it's this one.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

"Walking Distance". Hands down my favorite of all time and just a deeply profound episode that when I first saw it I never forgot it.
Also, the score was done much differently than other TZ episodes.

The full episode is on Vimeo.

#2 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,649 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

It comes on Wed at 1am on Syfy

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

dvr is your friend

#4 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

2scary

#5 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

"Deaths-Head Revisited" -it was so intense that CBS didn't want it to be shown.

Gunther Lutze, a former captain in the SS, returns to the ruins of Dachau concentration camp to relive the memories of his time as its commandant during World War II. He revels in the recollections of the torment he inflicted on the inmates, remembering with a cold smile the suffering he was responsible for. As he walks around the gallows and prepares to leave, he is surprised to see Alfred Becker, one of the camp's inmates. As they talk, Becker relentlessly dogs Lutze with the reality of his grossly inhumane treatment of the inmates, while Lutze stubbornly and unemotionally insists that he was only carrying out his orders and had no idea that the Third Reich planned to exterminate Jews. Becker and several other inmates later put Lutze on trial for crimes against humanity and find him guilty. Before Becker can pronounce the sentence, Lutze remembers that he killed Becker 17 years ago on the night US troops came close to Dachau, and realizes that Becker, as well as all the men who witnessed his trial, are ghosts. As punishment and atonement, Lutze is made to undergo the same horrors he had imposed on the inmates. He is not physically touched; rather, he experiences the pain in his mind, culminating near the gate, the gallows, and the detention room, where he screams in agony, having been driven insane.
http://vimeo.com/31183266

#6 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

I dont know what its called, but the one where they freeze themselves and go into the future with a ton of gold is a pretty good one.

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

yes monsta i remember that one very well. ahh the lesson in that one rings true today.

#8 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Walking Distance, Death's Head Revisited and The Rip Van Winkle Caper are all great episodes.

Also very fond of Night of the Meek, Eye of the Beholder, The Monsters are Due on Maple Street, The Obsolete Man and various others.

If I'm being honest, I have a fondness for many of the ones that end darkly. For example, The dual twist at the end of The Old Man in the Cave is a wicked one. And To Serve Man is iconic.

When you start talking about great Twilight Zone episodes, I swear there are almost too many to even try and name.

#9 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Confession: There is an episode I watched one time and will never watch again, that being It's a Good Life.

Yes, I'm 45 and I know it's a TV show, but to this day, little Anthony still creeps me out :(

#10 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

all good eps but i love "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street."

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

The Howling Man is another great one.

One of the fun things about The Twilight Zone is seeing some of these actors when they were young.

Except Burgess Meredith, of course. He was never young.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I can't think of the title but the one where the dude wakes up from a big night of partying and NOBODY recognizes him and he is trying to prove his identity.
Then he wakes up again and the ending is insane.

I think the actor was in Big Valley tv series if I'm not mistaken.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I can't think of the title but the one where the dude wakes up from a big night of partying and NOBODY recognizes him and he is trying to prove his identity.
Then he wakes up again and the ending is insane.

I think the actor was in Big Valley tv series if I'm not mistaken.

Looked it up. It's "Person or Persons Unknown".

The Twilight Zone really could mess with your head. It had more twists than a dance marathon. M Night Shyamalan only wishes he were this twisty.

Which reminds me, I wish the movie version of this show had been better. Ditto the attempted revivals. It deserved more than the uneven treatment it got.

I will admit though that the scene in "3rd Rock from the Sun" where John Lithgow and William Shatner met and compared plane ride experiences had me rolling :lol:

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

That brings up a couple of questions I find interesting for Zone fanatics.

If they were going to make another movie, what four episodes would you choose?

And who would you choose as the announcer? (Forest Whittaker in the second revival wasn't spooky enough).

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

i love the Kick the Can episode in the first TZ movie with Scatman Crothers. man that segement gets too me.

Top 4 for a new movie could be the Burgess Meredith one. To Serve man another.

The one where the guy takes out his vocal cords to win a bet he can go without talking for a year would be neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.