#16 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I certainly hope he's been thinking about this for more than a week.

For real doe. If he didn't have a plan when he fired Hurney then we are in trouble.

#17 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Did anyone else see Titans Exec Dawson mention as GM? Maybe he is the mystery candidate.

#18 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

So now it's Saturday for the meeting, eh?

On Saturday you can get 2 EggBo biscuits and a gallon of Iced Tea for 4.95. Sounds more like a party than a meeting.

#19 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,024 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Did anyone else see Titans Exec Dawson mention as GM? Maybe he is the mystery candidate.

I haven't seen it but I'm looking him up now.

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,385 posts
  • LocationSC

I certainly hope he's been thinking about this for more than a week.

Ernie Accorsi has.

#21 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

The last part about wanting a prospect with strong scouting background makes me feel a lot better the GM wont be Beanie Weenie

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

If Richardson was going to fire Rivera, he would have done it right after the season. He would have at least met with Rivera right after the season. There is NO WAY, he would wait an entire week to meet with Rivera and then fire him. That makes absolutely no sense. The meeting is probably about the new GM, where Rivera see's this team going, and plans moving forward. There is no way this meeting is to fire Rivera. That's nonsense.

not unless he was wanting the new GM to make that call.

#23 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,912 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

On Saturday you can get 2 EggBo biscuits and a gallon of Iced Tea for 4.95. Sounds more like a party than a meeting.

Lol

#24 CamNewton316

CamNewton316

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

here the link guys i am on my ps3 and could not fit everything in http://www.heraldonl...ml#wgt=rcntnews

#25 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Lol people saying JR would be cruel to wait 6 days then fire Rivera is kind of laughable. If he gets fired he is still guaranteed his 2 years worth of salary left on his contract no matter what. Its not like Rivera is holding out buying groceries or paying the light bill until he finds out of hes still the HC or not.

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,292 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Rivera is staying. Shefter reported this morning that he could very well be back. Im just waiting on the GM search and it better not be fuggn Beane.

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,642 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

If Richardson was going to fire Rivera, he would have done it right after the season. He would have at least met with Rivera right after the season. There is NO WAY, he would wait an entire week to meet with Rivera and then fire him. That makes absolutely no sense. The meeting is probably about the new GM, where Rivera see's this team going, and plans moving forward. There is no way this meeting is to fire Rivera. That's nonsense.

Have you watched and listened to Richardson when he makes a rare public appearance and is available to the media?

Big Cat is a little off....he easily could go either way

#28 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Rivera is staying. Shefter reported this morning that he could very well be back. Im just waiting on the GM search and it better not be fuggn Beane.

Same here, id be shocked if Rivera is gone. If 2-14 Mike Mularkey didnt even get fired yet, I highly doubt Rivera goes anywhere.

Here is what will happen this weekend. JR: "Ok Ron, good news, you have earned a new lease on life, you will be our HC in 2013. It is playoffs or bust this time, just as I kept my word about trending up, I will keep my word on this. If no playoffs in 2013 we will move on. I will be interviewing several good GM candidates this week, I will make sure I hire a candidate you can work with to complete what you started and tell him this upcoming season is a evaluation period and after the 2013 season, this team is his baby."

#29 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,024 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Same here, id be shocked if Rivera is gone. If 2-14 Mike Mularkey didnt even get fired yet, I highly doubt Rivera goes anywhere.

Here is what will happen this weekend. JR: "Ok Ron, good news, you have earned a new lease on life, you will be our HC in 2013. It is playoffs or bust this time, just as I kept my word about trending up, I will keep my word on this. If no playoffs in 2013 we will move on. I will be interviewing several good GM candidates this week, I will make sure I hire a candidate you can work with to complete what you started and tell him this upcoming season is a evaluation period and after the 2013 season, this team is his baby."

O.o

#30 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

OP left out IMO the most important part:

League sources said the Panthers are targeting an up-and-coming GM with a strong scouting background, as opposed to a retread.

Brandt, who was with the Packers from 1999-2008, said a GM candidate “rising through the ranks might not be in position” to make the call on an existing coach’s future. “If it someone’s very established in the industry, they might have their opinion about what the head coach should be,” Brandt said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com