Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florio says we're "leaning" towards Dave Gettleman

123 posts in this topic

Posted

DP

Posted

Not really surprising. I can see JR favoring the older option every time he interviews a couple candidates. I just think he would trust them with his franchise more so than a younger up and coming GM candidate (Ross).

don't think being older has anything to do with it. gettleman is the most qualified and has the better resume and flat just brings more to the table. the only thing ross has on him is youth. i'd be happy with either, tho.

just no beane.

2 people like this

Posted

Whatever choice we make, I'm certain it will be the wrong one. That's just the way things seem to go for us.

Posted

Whatever choice we make, I'm certain it will be the wrong one. That's just the way things seem to go for us.

You're right

Posted

gettleman_dave.jpg

Replace with Panthers logo please.

He doesn't look that fuggin old.

Posted

Hurney was fired. Times they might be a changin'.

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like he is in pretty good health to me lol.

Posted

agreed, but he's got a little gray hair and was born before 1990 so he's older than dirt.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gettelman vs Ross: 50/50 shot at picking which one of these guys that makes the most sense, Panthers will get it wrong every time. Old people love other old people. I guess having someone JR can relate to is more important than having the one better suited for molding the franchise for long term success. At least they can talk about the good ole days... smh

Posted

agreed, but he's got a little gray hair and was born before 1990 so he's older than dirt.

Yeah Rayzor, according to youngbuck Mikey, you and i should be dead.... lol

1 person likes this

Posted

No matter who we hire it will be an upgrade over Hurney. Our current cap situation solidifies that fact. I'll wait to pass judgement on our future GM until they have at least one year and a draft. Come on, it's not like any of us REALLY have a good idea on how this guy will do.

Looking forward to new Gettleman memes.

Posted

He is 62.