Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Django Unchained

77 posts in this topic

Posted

viewing violence breeds violence - no doubt in my mind there is a connection

Then you have an incredibly weak psyche and should seek help.

Posted

Son and I saw it the other day while he was home from college and we both loved it. Typical Tarantino flick. The best part of his movies to me is not necissarily what is going on in the movie at the time but the aticipation of what is coming up next. Just something about the dialogue in his films that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The most uncomfortable part of the movie for me was when about and 1 1/2 hours into the film and guy and girl brought there 4 year old daughter into the theater and sat right in front of us. Guy turned around and asked me how much of the movie had already been shown and I told him it was about half over. I then told the guy that it was a very graphic film and I just wanted to give him a heads up because of the little girl. I normally mind my own business and tried to put it as tactful as possible but damn that bothered me. It really ruined the second half of the movie because I couldn't stop seeing this little girl watching the movie and her reaction. Some people are terrible fuggin parents.

Posted

4? My 3 yr old is still watching Cinderella and gets scared of the stepmother. What a loser.

1 person likes this

Posted

4? My 3 yr old is still watching Cinderella and gets scared of the stepmother. What a loser.

Maybe even 3. She kept asking her mother questions trying to figure out what she was seeing. It was very uncomfortable.

Posted

Hell, our 8 year old gets scared of Scar in Lion King.

Posted

did you know that the scene at the dinner table when Leo cuts his hand on the broken glass and wipes it on Broomhilda's face was improvised? that was real blood and he never broke character and Tarantino kept it in the movie

+1 Leo

Posted

I saw his interview on that....I love him

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to

Posted

did you know that the scene at the dinner table when Leo cuts his hand on the broken glass and wipes it on Broomhilda's face was improvised? that was real blood and he never broke character and Tarantino kept it in the movie

+1 Leo

are you serious? so, he legit cut his hand, and then wipes his blood on a supporting actress. i would be suing my ass off.

Posted

I felt like they should have reshot that scene. It completely took me out of the moment when I noticed how much blood was on his hands, and they never referenced it in the scene. I had to ask my friend where it even came from or if I missed the reference to it.

Posted

^ i thought the opposite. it really showed how the character was losing everything: the business deal [outsmarted by two bounty hunters, one of them black], his way of life, economy, and also being pushed out of the conversation. he was pissed and the blood showed his vulnerability. crazy that he was able to keep character through that, though. i have seen grown men flip the fug out getting a wine stem stuck in their hand [i used to be a server].

Posted

I agree about Inglorious...this was still awesome. It's pretty damn hard to rate Tarrantino's movies imo

I would go

Reservoir Dogs

Inglorious Basterds

Pulp Fiction

as the top 3

followed by

Kill Bill 1&2

with honorable mention to

Natural Born Killers &

True Romance

which he wrote

Posted