Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If You Say These Things You Should Be Slapped

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Until proven otherwise on the field, we are nothing more than somewhat lovable losers.

Posted · Report post

We don't have a culture of mediocrity? loll ok then.

Posted · Report post

OP I'm not sure the people you are intending that post for will be able to absorb that more intelligence and perspective based reasoning in such a concentrated form. Might want to dilute your post with a couple JR is cheap/ Rivera sux for some reason's to make it easier for them to read.

Posted · Report post

I am 23. Rivera is no where no that man. He has NEVER lost 21 games under 7 pts lol.

If you are truly 23 and based on the ignorance in your posts.....you should have a very exciting career wearing paper hats and asking "Do you want fries with that".

Posted · Report post

Honestly, I wish all the naysayers would just go back to sucking on mommies titties. Bunch of damn babies.

Posted · Report post

JR wants to win. He just has a bad track record where it comes to the folks he hires to make it happen.

Maybe things are going to change. New GM may make a difference. Finally.

But saying JR doesn't care is misinformed and ingenoius.

Posted · Report post

to counter the OP...

how many winning seasons do we have?

when was the last winning season we had?

we've spent a lot of money.

we've shuffled the coaching staff.

we've drafted one of the best QBs to enter the league in many years.

we've drafted one of the best MLBs in the league.

and we just finished another losing season.

i don't think we have a culture of mediocrity. i think we have a culture that aspires to that.

we have no winning culture around here. we have hopes and dreams and delusions that everything is alright. that next year is the year things finally turn around and we have a winning season (or, in the case of some with the bar set low a .500 season).

we have a losing culture...as evidenced by the only thing that matters...the end result.

we are looking at a continuation of the same. we are looking at the possibility that we might be hiring some glorified organizational logistics guy to be the GM with no previous scouting or personnel experience that some are even defending.

we have a fanbase that is happy/content with a coaching staff and a team that just delivered yet another winning season, but it's ok because it was a little better than before and the players like their coach.

ok....so the guys have a desire to win...at least when the coaches job is on the line. do we have a coach that will make them winners? and i mean just not at the end of the year when its too late, i mean when it counts towards something other than team morale and "ending on a high note"? how long are we supposed to wait for this coach, this team, this organization to put together not just a team that has the potential to win, but one that actually proves it?

how long do we let rivera go before we are convinced that he can't? where do you draw the line? do you let him finish his contract out and then hope that the next DC you hire turns out to be a winner and give him another 4 years or whatever?

the whining/bitching that has been going on is coming from fans...not "fans" but fans that are frustrated by an organization that they have loved and put a lot of stock in shows that it's fine with what is going on, which is not winning. is there some overreacting going on? sure, but is it acceptable? why not? fans upset at losing? THE GALLL! meh...if we want to bitch, let us bitch. it's not our fault that some have higher expectations for their team than others. btw...a winning season is not too high an expectation, esp. this season. it's what they are supposed to do.

i just wonder how many people in here poopooing on those not thrilled with the lack of significant progress will be just as happy with their team if they lose again next year. if it's another years before they have a winning season. is getting close to having a winning season good enough? sorry, imo, it's not. not for me. i want this team to be great and i'm tired of the low expectations and excuses/justifications that keep coming year after year that they miss out on having a winning season.

i made all those excuses myself in the past. i'm tired of losing. i'm pissed about it. get over it.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

we can offically end this thread now

Posted · Report post

To the OP, thank you for posting this.

Posted · Report post

JR doesnt want to win. He wants to make money. If winning happens, thats nice, but no need to overextend ourselves to reach it. No owner that is passionate about "winning" is this unlucky over a 17-18 year span. Dude jumped all those people in line for a transplant to live and rip off Panther fans another decade.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rivera is still here, we don't care about winning.

*SLAP

Posted · Report post

I swear to God, I have no clue what some of you imagine it takes to win a football game.

First off, anything before 2011 is irrelevant to now. We have changed offenses, defenses, quarterbacks, coaches and fired the GM. So whatever happened before that is irrelevant.

For these last two seasons, we've had to bring along a rookie QB in a tough division with top 10 hardest schedules both seasons, a plethora of injuries and a messed up cap. But we've made progress. Not as fast as we want, but it's there. All of you bitchers referencing anything before 2011 show your ignorance, however.

1 person likes this