Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Superbowl HCs (first 2 yrs)

65 posts in this topic

I can tell you there's nothing special about Rivera that I have seen. Most coaches take a step forward in their 2nd year if they're really a good coach. Rivera took 10 steps back this season.

He's not going to win games or Championship(s) here. Carolina will be the last team he will ever coach again once hes done here.

I'm not sure we'll win a lot of game next season. Again it's a hard schedule and our division will only get better. Rivera makes this team mentally weak. He's a bad decision maker and suck at managing game. He can't show that he can go blow a game out or can adjust and come back in a large lead.

If he took 10 steps back....he simply wouldn't have more wins and finish better in his division as a result (losing his Pro Bowl C, best corner)-

Cam Newton can win championships. His relationship there is most important. Not all rings are won bc of great coaching....but more so handling of special players. RR has at least one of those that can take over a season as he matures.

We will not go to the SuperBowl with Rivera lmao. He could't even win it as a DC.

Yes, because he was solely responsible for the Bears OFFENSE with Rex Grossman...lol this guy.

Yet he won it as a player.. I mean seriously guys? Fall in line already.

Yes, because he was solely responsible for the Bears OFFENSE with Rex Grossman...lol this guy.

Yet he won it as a player.. I mean seriously guys? Fall in line already.

Please don't make me go there.

Please don't make me go there.

Go for it.

Go for it.

Is there a particular reason Rivera was canned right after the game?

If he took 10 steps back....he simply wouldn't have more wins and finish better in his division as a result (losing his Pro Bowl C, best corner)-

Cam Newton can win championships. His relationship there is most important. Not all rings are won bc of great coaching....but more so handling of special players. RR has at least one of those that can take over a season as he matures.

So beating teams like Philly, Oakland and SD means a lot right? We loss to the worst team in the league and Brady Quinn. We couldnt hold a lead over the Bucs. And that NO team is awful. Other than the Atl game all those late wins mean $hit to me

I'll save you time. A large majority of coaches who started out with back to back losing seasons didn't go on to to post winning records, much less a Super Bowl. They just ended up being failures.

A large a majority of all coaches (winning seasons, losing seasons, whatever criteria you pick) don't win rings.....overwhelming majority of all coaches are fired and deemed failures.

So you're saying just by the numbers, Ron Rivera's coaching acumen can only be matched by none other than Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin?

1 person likes this

Word in Chicago was.....Lovie felt uncomfortable his team got to a Superbowl on the back of Rivera's D and Hester. Rivera was becoming a threat.

1 person likes this

A large a majority of all coaches (winning seasons, losing seasons, whatever criteria you pick) don't win rings.....overwhelming majority of all coaches are fired and deemed failures.

Uh. Yes. Most coaches fail. The point being that the deck is stacked even more when they start out as poorly as Rivera has.

lol, weres mike martz and lovie smith now? What's your point? There's a fall guy to every story.

Word in Chicago was.....Lovie felt uncomfortable his team got to a Superbowl on the back of Rivera's D and Hester. Rivera was becoming a threat.

Or the fact that Rivera was foisted onto him and Smith didn't need him to build a good defense.