#1 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

If we had drafted Luck rather than Cam?

I am not a Cam hater, but the excuse I keep hearing about Chud is that his adoption of the read offense/spread Cam was featured in while at Auburn, is the reason this offense is suffering know.

Since Luck came from a traditional pro style offense, Chud would not have needed to make any changes to his playcalling style.

Do you think this would have lead to the Panthers having a better record?

Do you think this would have lead to Chud not calling plays where the qb is a wide receiver/decoy?

Was Chud's history as an OC that great that his integrity can't be questioned?

#2 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

We've been questioning his integrity all year

#3 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

He would be the exact same OC he is now. Your question is really would the Panthers perform better with Luck instead of Cam.

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Chud sucked year 2 in Cleveland too, and they didn't run the read option.

Chud just tries too hard to be clever.

#5 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

He would be the exact same OC he is now. Your question is really would the Panthers perform better with Luck instead of Cam.

No I think that Chud is inherently flawed.

#6 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,354 posts
  • LocationSafety Harbor, FL

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

While I do think Cam being a totally different type of QB from what he is use to may have had an impact in year one, especially with the lockout reducing the time they had to work together, at this point it should not be an issue. He had a whole season followed by a whole offseason to figure things out for this year and the beginning of the season was a disaster.

#7 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I believe Chud would have been horrible in his 2nd year as the Panthers HC, no matter the qb that was out there. He outsmarts himself. He did get better as the year went on, so I can't wait to see how he does in his third year.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,987 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Chud sucked year 2 in Cleveland too, and they didn't run the read option.

I really think this is it. He outthinks himself.

#9 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Chud was a OC with the Browns for 2 years, I believe he was replaced during his second year after the HC was fired.

Chud had one of the best offenses last year, this year teams had tape and were able to shut us down, I believe a lot factored into it. The offensive line was not up to par, missing what Shockey brought to the table, Louis Murphy learning a new system and teams adjusting to what we do on offense.

Year 3, Chud better bring it. Offensive line will be better with Kalil back and Amini with a year under his belt. Chud was able to get the offense going for the second half of the season, compared to the 1st half of the season. I really believe teams had tape on us and were able to adjust better to what we did, I also believe that the offense line was at fault for the reason we were struggling on offense. Chud is still a fairly new Play caller, 4 years of play-calling and game planning. And in one of those years he was replaced during the season.

I believe Chud will learn from his mistakes and improve as the offense progresses and we will be a better offensive team next year.

#10 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have to agree, I'm am amazed Chud hasn't had cam line up as an extra line man or te.

I'm sure I can count the number of times Peyton, Russell, Robert, Eli, Andrew, lined up at any position other than QB.

#11 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,284 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Chud tried his little heart out to fix something that was not broken. I'm not convinced he won't pull the same garbage next season. Even when the offense started clicking this year, he still would set Cam out at WR every now and then for the wildcat, which would result in at best a 1 yard run for Deangelo.

#12 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well Chud busted the second year in Cleveland due to da getting hurt so that could have been a factor as well.

#13 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I would love to see about this Alabama OC after watching the National Championship game.

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

If we had drafted Luck rather than Cam?

I am not a Cam hater, but the excuse I keep hearing about Chud is that his adoption of the read offense/spread Cam was featured in while at Auburn, is the reason this offense is suffering know.

Since Luck came from a traditional pro style offense, Chud would not have needed to make any changes to his playcalling style.

Do you think this would have lead to the Panthers having a better record?

Do you think this would have lead to Chud not calling plays where the qb is a wide receiver/decoy?

Was Chud's history as an OC that great that his integrity can't be questioned?

Chud's resume shows an inconsistent coach....it is what he is.

#15 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hate to change the subject but looking at your Sig, if Murphy only has 19 receptions on 45 targets he needs to go, I was hoping for more like 50 receptions. Bust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com