Stay classy, gun people!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Personal information about editors and writers at the paper has been posted online, including their home addresses and information about where their children attended school; some reporters have received notes saying they would be shot on the way to their cars; bloggers have encouraged people to steal credit card information of Journal News employees; and two packages containing white powder have been sent to the newsroom and a third to a reporter’s home (all were tested by the police and proved to be harmless).

“As journalists, we are prepared for criticism,” Ms. Hasson said, as she sat in her meticulously tended office and described the ways her 225 employees have been harassed since the article was published. “But in the U.S., journalists should not be threatened.” She has paid for staff members who do not feel safe in their homes to stay at hotels, offered guards to walk employees to their cars, encouraged employees to change their home telephone numbers and has been coordinating with the local police.

Mr. Worley said he had received mainly taunting phone calls sprinkled in with callers who said “you should die.” He found broken glass outside of his home and would not say how much time he was spending there right now. But he said he had largely been supported by the newsroom.

http://www.nytimes.c....nted=1&_r=3

Sounds about right.

#2 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I wouldn't say they were "gun people." You're just trying to rile folks up. Call them what they are....criminals.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Cause these journalists are being harassed over an article about pineapple prices in New York State...

#4 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Oh, like I didn't know that.

I have several guns, so you could say I'm a "gun person". But I'm not threatening and terrorizing those folks.

#5 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

What about those people who were "outed" who have been threatened or harassed? I read a story where prison guards are being harassed and threatened by inmates because they now have their home addresses. (Not to mention people who AREN'T on the list who now feel vulnerable.)

Just because information is public record does not make it right to publish it ... legal, yes ... right? maybe not.

And, while I don't condone encouraging any threats or actions against the employees of the newspaper, their home addresses likely are public record as well ... property tax records, etc.

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Stay classy, scumbag journalists!

#7 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Oh, like I didn't know that.

I have several guns, so you could say I'm a "gun person". But I'm not threatening and terrorizing those folks.

Delhommey is more concerned with trolling and riling people up around here. I wouldnt pay him much serious attention.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

It is always okay for the left to do anything they want, just as long as the ones on the right just bend over an take it. But we cannot have them protesting.

Anyway, more liberal crap here. Guess BOA thinks they can do what they want to have an effect on social justice as seen through their eyes.

http://cnsnews.com/b...ny-owner-claims

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

http://www.nytimes.c.......nted=1&_r=3

Sounds about right.

their posting of this information was in response to those same members of the media posting the addresses and names of people who had legal gun permits.

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

And while I don't condone that type of thing THEY TOTALLY DESERVE IT!!!11!! ROT IN HELL PINKOS!11!!!

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

And while I don't condone that type of thing THEY TOTALLY DESERVE IT!!!11!! ROT IN HELL PINKOS!11!!!

I hate what both sides did.

But you do realize that all they did was consolidate already public information....both the names and address of people with gun permits and the names and address of the journalists.

*** for tat.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

When did the newspaper post the addresses of where the people went to school? When did they send death threats?

Why am I not surprised you considered this barbaric behavior justified?

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

much ado...

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

They haven't sent death threats tothe gun owners because they might shoot them....see guns are working!?!?!?!

#15 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

haha showed them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com