Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

broseidon

Beason coming back?

33 posts in this topic

I wonder if there is such a thing as "healthy beason" anymore. some guys just never come back and are able to stay healthy.

we thought that about TD. the gut came back as good as he'd ever been. it was almost like the past few years never happened.

if it can happen with a stud like TD, it can happen with beason.

I hope he doesn't go Shawn Merriman on us.

I agree.... He has to restrictor his contract to stay on the team, if not he's defiantly trade bait

restrictor = restructure?

auto word correction, i suppose. that thing is of the devil.

1 person likes this

restrictor = restructure?

auto word correction, i suppose. that thing is of the devil.

LOL sure is

Where are you hearing all of these rumors? You must follow NJPanthers on twitter.

fortunately/unfortunately we cant just cut him. would cost more to do so than to keep him another year. any questions as far as player personnel should be directed at our no GM.

It doesn't take a genius or phony insider to understand the important parameters regarding Beason.

He hasn't been playing for two seasons and won't be the MLB for this team any more.

Oh yeah, he's making a ton of cash for a team that's going to be up against the cap.

He's still under contract so he would have to be cut or traded if he were to leave the panthers but if he comes back he should be playing WLB

I just hope if he comes back that he doesnt play like he played this season.

Fans forget wayyy to quickly - but Beason (when healthy) is a tremendously talented linebacker. Personally, he did not look great in training camp and was horrible early in the season. That suggests he was never fully recovered from the achilles injury he suffered in 2011 (it often takes two years to fully recover from a serious injury like that). He could come out and look like Beason of old next year - and that is just way too good to pass up. That is something that can make our defense extremely, extremely good (along with another good DT and safety).

2 people like this

Fans forget wayyy to quickly - but Beason (when healthy) is a tremendously talented linebacker. Personally, he did not look great in training camp and was horrible early in the season. That suggests he was never fully recovered from the achilles injury he suffered in 2011 (it often takes two years to fully recover from a serious injury like that). He could come out and look like Beason of old next year - and that is just way too good to pass up. That is something that can make our defense extremely, extremely good (along with another good DT and safety).

Well said.

(Potentially) unfortunately, Beason's got the team by the balls here. Cutting him isn't going to help with the team's cap issues (at least not this season and maybe next, I think), so we'll need him to restructure. I think Beason is a good guy and team player so I do think he'll be willing to do it (similar to TD restructuring after the team stuck by him with his injury problems), but no matter what, this was a bad contract.