Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Do we have the best outdoor field?

43 posts in this topic

The players rate the fields every year, and we are always near the top if I recall correctly. I haven't seen the list in a year or two, but other teams seem to like playing here.

We have a really nicely kept field - they do a good job with it. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I always liked that we were one of the few (only?) teams to have the NFL shield in the middle of the field. I respect that - plus it makes us unique. Our stadium could use some upgrades, but for those of you that have been to Ralph Wilson or FedEx Field - Bank of America Stadium is 1000% nicer- cleaner, better food, better customer service, better view, better layout. Otherwise, I have no other stadiums to compare ours with, but from the ones I've been to, it is much better.

I was just talking about Fed Ex with my aunt yesterday which is a DC resident and season ticket holder for the Skins and she said the same thing about the concessions and customer service. She said that the reason stadium workers are so rude is because they are only there as volunteers or to get in their community service hours. Thats right, they arent actual employees! lol! Boy, that Snyder is one cheap SOB... smh

I myself am not a fan of having the shield over our logo on the field but overall the facility is pretty good with the exception of the super small video boards. Every other stadium ive been to has much much larger replay screens. ...oh and the music they play sux too! lol!

All we need regarding renovations are upgrades to the video boards and music. IMHO - we dont need major renovations to the stadium.

The video boards are fine. You can sit in the east endzone and see the board in the west endzone clearly. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the advertising covering the screen, though.

Music got better this season, but the sound system is still off. Can't hear the referee calling penalties in certain areas.

To answer an earlier question, wasn't it 1996 when the field was ripped apart by a college game, and was pretty much shot the rest of the season? I remember chunks of the field flying around.

Great field. They grow the grass out in BF NC somewhere.

What year was it that the turf started coming up in chunks for one game?,

I believe that was Fox's first season, our third game against Green Bay. We had a shot to start 3-0 until the infamous Shane Graham shank.

Wish our fans were as good as our grass :-(

I wish our Front Office and Coaching staff were as good as our grass :(

Wish our fans were as good as our grass :-(

Only wins will solve this.

I always thought we should do a panther eye in the middle of the field just like LSU does with the tiger eye

I rarely hear players complain about our field.....

Best?

After seeing Miami's Sun Life turf last night I'd say .... no.

Best?

After seeing Miami's Sun Life turf last night I'd say .... no.

They probably brought that in special for the national championship.

I always thought we should do a panther eye in the middle of the field just like LSU does with the tiger eye

or maybe a panther butthole, everyone knows if you get too close to the tail end of a wildcat it'll turn around and eat your head. opponents would be intimidated

The players rate the fields every year, and we are always near the top if I recall correctly. I haven't seen the list in a year or two, but other teams seem to like playing here.

Other teams like playing because it's like another home game for them.